How to set reference voltage using otmonitor.conf?

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

Bororo

How to set reference voltage using otmonitor.conf?

Post by Bororo »

Dear Schelte,
is there possibility to specify voltage reference directly in otmonitor.conf?
As voltage reference changes are only temporary (using web interface) I'm looking for option to put such settings directly into otmonitor.conf and otmonitor will take this settings as default when restarted.
Best regards,
Ivan
hvxl

Re: How to set reference voltage using otmonitor.conf?

Post by hvxl »

The reference voltage is a setting for the OTGW, not for OTmonitor. When changed, the OTGW stores it in EEPROM so it will survive restarts and power failures. So reference voltage changes are definitely not temporary. What made you believe they are?
Schelte
Bororo

Post by Bororo »

My assumption is based on observation.
I'm using OTGW web frontend on port 8081. Looking into http://otgwipaddr:8081/configure.html "Settings" section I see Reference Voltage set to 1.250 which I consider as default starting value.
After OTGW restart I'm changing RV to 1.458 by clicking on Set button (I can see VR: 4 in the messages log).
The OTGW will operate on 1.458 only until device remain powered, after every restart or power loss I see 1.250 back again.
Regards,
Ivan
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

To confirm the OTGW works as I described, I changed the reference voltage on mine to 1.458 (my OTGW works fine on 1.250, but it also works with 1.458). I then powered cycled the OTGW. Subsequently running the command PR=V returns PR: V=4. So indeed the reference voltage is still 1.458.

One thing I did notice during my testing is that the first time after OTmonitor is started, the settings web page will always show a value of 1.250. When you access the page for the first time, OTmonitor sends a PR=V command to the gateway. But apparently it doesn't update the page with the result. However, if you just click the Settings link again, you will see the actual value.
Schelte
Bororo

Post by Bororo »

Thank you very much Schelte, you are right, it's works as you described.
Initial 1.250 value is changed to 1.458 so I can confirm that reference voltage values is stored in eeprom and can survive power outage.
Best regards,
Ivan

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”