This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

Marchel
Starting Member
Starting Member

only four devices appear in Domoticz

Post by Marchel »

Sorry for the many questions.
I hope that later I can help someone else with my knowledge.
But why do I only get 4 devices in Domoticz?
See attachments
Attachments
Only four devices in Domoticz.pdf
(88.42 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
Marchel
TheSpanishInq
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: only four devices appear in Domoticz

Post by TheSpanishInq »

Do you have OTGW firmware V5.0 installed? I had the same. Firmware V5.0 returns 34 values in the PS=1 report which the current version of Domoticz doesn't parse. You can find more details here.
Marchel
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Marchel »

TheSpanishInq wrote:Do you have OTGW firmware V5.0 installed? I had the same. Firmware V5.0 returns 34 values in the PS=1 report which the current version of Domoticz doesn't parse. You can find more details here.
Yes : Result = PR: A=OpenTherm Gateway 5.0 :cry:
Marchel
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

There is no need to act like that is a big problem. You can easily downgrade your firmware to version 4.3. When using the Nodo Shop WiFi version of the OTGW, it is advised to use otgwmcu firmware version 0.4 on the NodeMCU. Via the built-in web interface the desired firmware version can be selected.
Schelte
Marchel
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Marchel »

hvxl wrote:There is no need to act like that is a big problem. You can easily downgrade your firmware to version 4.3. When using the Nodo Shop WiFi version of the OTGW, it is advised to use otgwmcu firmware version 0.4 on the NodeMCU. Via the built-in web interface the desired firmware version can be selected.
I remember that in the previous version the maximum set temp from/on the boiler was overwritten by OTG.
The standard maximum temperature on OTG is/was 90 degrees.
In the case of a power outage, the set values disappeared and the temperature could rise to 90 degrees after a restart.
That was a big risk and then I stopped using OTG.
This risk has now been rectified if I understand correctly.
So going back to the old version is not an good option .
Marchel
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

Nobody reported there was an issue with the max CH setpoint default. So it hasn't changed in firmware 5.0 and going back to firmware 4.3 will not make things worse.

And I don't understand what the problem is from your description. The maximum CH temperature is a boiler setting. If the boiler is set to 70, then the temperature will never rise to 90, even if the OTGW makes a wrong initial guess. But of course it's your prerogative to just stop using the OTGW when you imagine there may be a problem instead of figuring out what is really going on.
Schelte
Marchel
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Marchel »

hvxl wrote:Nobody reported there was an issue with the max CH setpoint default. So it hasn't changed in firmware 5.0 and going back to firmware 4.3 will not make things worse.

And I don't understand what the problem is from your description. The maximum CH temperature is a boiler setting. If the boiler is set to 70, then the temperature will never rise to 90, even if the OTGW makes a wrong initial guess. But of course it's your prerogative to just stop using the OTGW when you imagine there may be a problem instead of figuring out what is really going on.
I thought this was in 2019.
Stand alone configuration.
The maximum boiler temperature was set on the boiler at 45 degrees (not in the OTGW).
The OTG overwritten this value (MSGID 49 apparently did not work).
That is why I also set the OTGW to a temperature of 45 degrees.
(By default it is set to 90 degrees).
After a power outage when the power was restored, the set value of the OTGW was back to the default value of 90 degrees.
This caused the temperature of the boiler for the floor heating to rise to 90 degrees.
The thermostats on the distributor prevent damage.
I cannot say why MSGID 49 did not work.
The error could then be reproduced.
And now it seems to be okay.
Marchel
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

Please point me to the topic where this was first reported, because it still doesn't ring a bell with me. I looked at your messages on the forum, but it seems your first OTGW related message was just 4 days ago.
Schelte
Marchel
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Marchel »

hvxl wrote:Please point me to the topic where this was first reported, because it still doesn't ring a bell with me. I looked at your messages on the forum, but it seems your first OTGW related message was just 4 days ago.
No the problem was in 2019 (tweakers.net).
I couldn't get it fixed and left it for 2 years.
https://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/li ... 6#60366296
Marchel
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

Sure. Because why would you report a problem to the developer if you can also moan about it somewhere else and then wait two years to see if the problem magically gets solved? You couldn't get it fixed? You didn't even take the first obvious step to try to get it fixed.
It is this kind of attitude that drains the motivation to continue developing the device.
Schelte

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”