This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

pengemetal
Starting Member
Starting Member

Viessmann Vitodens 100 problem

Post by pengemetal »

Hi,
I ordered OTGW and I try to use with Viessmann Vitodens 100 and on-of thermostat. I cant see any data in NodeMCU's IP. And when my thermostat is on, the boiler heat the water to 80 celsius, can't set the temperature (neither Otmonitor, nor manual) thanks for your help!
hvxl

Re: Viessmann Vitodens 100 problem

Post by hvxl »

It sounds like the PIC is doing what it is supposed to do, but there is something wrong with the communication between the NodeMCU and the PIC. I suggest you investigate that part: Did you put the jumpers in the correct position? Did you follow all the instructions for whatever firmware you are using on the NodeMCU?
Schelte
pengemetal
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by pengemetal »

Yes, I used official OTGW pdf manual.
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

Then either something is broken, or you made a mistake. You haven't provided much information, but I get the impression that both the PIC and the NodeMCU seem to be working. That makes the former quite unlikely.

Maybe you would be more successful with the NodeMCU firmware by Robert van den Breemen or the otgwmcu firmware. Both of these require much less configuration than the ESPEasy firmware. So less chance of making a mistake.
Schelte
pengemetal
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by pengemetal »

Thank you, I will try it!
pengemetal
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by pengemetal »

I tried with FTDI usb direct to pc, but the result is the same :( I think the wiring isn't correct. Ather problem: I tried to update PIC firmware, but always says reset manually: How could I do it? Thx
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

Definitely first get communication working before attempting to update the PIC firmware.
Schelte

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”