Moderator: hvxl

boardboy76
Starting Member
Starting Member

OTGW 5.1 Return water temperature stopped reporting

Post by boardboy76 »

Hi,

Thx for this great piece of HW!

I have been using a NodeShop OTGW for over a year now and recently update the firmware to 5.1 from 4.x
I have a Remeha Calenta 40c connected with a iSense v28

I use OpenHab 2.8 to read the temperature and status using the IP GW, and to set temperature when needed
I recently started a migration project to OpenHab 3.1 on which I connect to the IP GW as well to do some logging and graphing.

To check the working of the OTGW I use OTMonitor which also connects to the IP GW.

Since the upgrade, I don't get a reading on 'Return Water Temperature' anymore all the other parameters report as expected.

Any hints?

Thx Bart
hvxl

Re: OTGW 5.1 Return water temperature stopped reporting

Post by hvxl »

Did you have the option "Transfer old EEPROM settings to the new firmware" selected during the upgrade? According to the equipment matrix, the iSense v28 doesn't request the "Return Water Temperature". Most likely you had issued an AA=28 command on firmware 4.x. This setting is lost during an upgrade, unless you have the mentioned option enabled.

To get the OTGW to request the "Return Water Temperature" values again, just rerun the AA=28 command. If that doesn't help, make sure the OTGW is in Gateway mode. If problems persist, please provide a log from OTmonitor.
Schelte
boardboy76
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by boardboy76 »

Hi,

Excellent, that did the trick!

I didn't click the 'Old EEPROM' settings box, so that would explain.

So if I get it right, I can send a AA= for every code that is ticked in the boiler matrix, but not in the thermostat matrix?

Thanks for the quick answer!

Bart
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

boardboy76 wrote:So if I get it right, I can send a AA= for every code that is ticked in the boiler matrix, but not in the thermostat matrix?
That's a very reasonable first approximation. Your boiler may also support message IDs where the box in the boiler matrix is empty. You can also increase the frequency some information is requested by sending AA commands for codes that are ticked in the thermostat matrix.
Schelte

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”