Administrator

Re: Opentherm Gateway

Post by Bwired »

Done :)
vanisher

Post by vanisher »

hvxl wrote:Jan-Jacob,

It can take a while for the setpoint change to be picked up by the thermostat. Can you post logs of your attempts somewhere? In otmonitor, go to 'File -> Save to logfile' to start recording the messages to a file.

Schelte.
Hi Schelte,

I found out that i had to enable 'remote access' on the isense. It was disabled by default. Now it's working!

Thanks!
Jan-Jacob
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

vanisher wrote:I found out that i had to enable 'remote access' on the isense. It was disabled by default. Now it's working!
Jan-Jacob,

Great that it's working for you now. I've had reports before that something had to be enabled on the iSense, but it has never been clear to me exactly which setting should be changed. When I look at the installation manual, my best guess would be "Settings -> Installer -> Remote Input" (Or for Dutch devices: "Instellingen -> Installateur -> Externe ingang"). However, according to the same manual, the factory setting for that one is already "Allow". Can you indicate exactly which setting you had to change and where it is in the menu structure? That could be helpful for the next person with an iSense that comes along.

Schelte.
Schelte
Lennart

Post by Lennart »

Ok, the OpenTherm Gateway boards I ordered have arrived! These boards are blue with ENIG finish (= golden pads for good solderability). I have about 5 boards left for sale. Same price as set by Akatar (EUR 6,50). If you're interested, you can send me a PM.

UPDATE: all available boards have been reserved.

Lennart

Last edited by Lennart on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vanisher

Post by vanisher »

@Schelte, when i''m at home i will write down the options.

For now i see an Error 01 once in a while:

11:34:55.114178 Thermostat disconnected
11:34:55.150168 Error 01

In a 16 hour period about 19 times.
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

vanisher wrote:@Schelte, when i''m at home i will write down the options.

For now i see an Error 01 once in a while:

11:34:55.114178 Thermostat disconnected
11:34:55.150168 Error 01

In a 16 hour period about 19 times.
First off: 19 errors in 16 hours is not really something to be worried about.

Does the "Thermostat disconnected" message accompany the error every time? That message indicates that the line towards the thermostat has been high for 10 ms, which should not happen during normal communication. It actually sounds more like a bad contact than just a transition at the wrong time.

However, if you don't normally see the disconnected message and the errors bother you, you could try issuing an IT=1 command to the gateway. That disables the check that results in the error 01 report if it fails.

Schelte
Schelte
Francois

Post by Francois »

Je hebt een PM !

1 voor mij graag.
Francois
Templar

Post by Templar »

Lennart, I am interested but can't send a PM. :(
Lennart

Post by Lennart »

@Templar: you've got a PM.
Sanka

Post by Sanka »

Hi,

If there is one left over I'm interested.

Sanka
gvdham

Post by gvdham »

Me too, maybe start a new batch? How did u all program the PIC?
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

@Schelte: Just connected the gateway to my newly installed Remeha Calenta CW6 and iSense. Everything seems to be working OK. Is it correct the Opentherm Smart Power feature is not supported? The backlight of the iSense is not working without batteries when the gateway is in between.
Rene.
Lennart

Post by Lennart »

For anyone still interested in a board: I'm willing to have another batch made. See this topic:

http://domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7848

Lennart
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

Rene wrote:Is it correct the Opentherm Smart Power feature is not supported? The backlight of the iSense is not working without batteries when the gateway is in between.
That is correct. For one thing, I don't know the exact specifications for the Smart Power feature. They are not described in version 2.2 of the OpenTherm Protocol Specification, which is the only version I was able to find on the internet. And even if the specifications would be available, I suspect adding this feature would complicate the interface circuitry quite a bit.

But if anyone has those specifications, I would be interested to see them. Maybe I will be able to come up with a solution.
Schelte
Michelo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Michelo »

Just a thought : OT 3.0 thermostats are backwards compatible with the old spec. I think an OT 3.0 thermostat requests to the boiler if it support smartpower (deliver low, medium or high current). With the reply of the boiler the thermostat knows that it can use the backlight. With no reply the thermostat thinks that smartpower is not supported (low) and will rely on battery power for the backlight.

Isn't it a case of finding the right bits to convince the thermostat it can use the backlight?

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”