Opentherm Gateway 4.0 alpha/beta testers wanted

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

DatafoxChris
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Opentherm Gateway 4.0 alpha/beta testers wanted

Post by DatafoxChris »

Would it be possible to add a value to the PS=1 report which indicates if a Room Setpoint Overrule is active ? I am developing a thermostat which uses values from the PS=1 report. This thermostat needs to 'know' if the room setpoint is overruled or not for showing the appropriate controls.
Thermostaat.png
Thermostaat.png (118.93 KiB) Viewed 9444 times
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

You can get the gateway's best guess of whether the setpoint is overruled using the PR=O command.
Schelte
mike7

Post by mike7 »

Schelte,

is it possible to use 'CS' & 'CH' with thermostat connected or those commands are suited only for thermostat less configuration?
Are there corresponding PR commands for 'CS' & 'CH'?
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

The 'CS' and 'CH' commands are supposed to work with a thermostat connected. Do you have a different experience? There are no PR commands for these commands, mainly because I'm running out of code space on the PIC.
Schelte
mike7

Post by mike7 »

hvxl wrote:The 'CS' and 'CH' commands are supposed to work with a thermostat connected. Do you have a different experience? There are no PR commands for these commands, mainly because I'm running out of code space on the PIC.
My thermostat doesn't support room setpoint override :(
Heating system is installed in my country house, which is not constantly in use during winter time. The main idea is keeping house on reduced temp. and reheat before arriving.
I have MAX! system installed and I'm thinking to manipulate water temperature depending on valve positions.
Could you please answer more questions?
  • How to "clear" CS & CH parameters? I've got SE & BV responses on non-numeric values
    Is it possible to use CH command without CS?
Also I want to ask you to add more DBus signals in otmonitor, such as:
  • DHW control (enable, setpoint, temperature, on/off)
    Central heating enable, modulation level, water temperature, return water temp
    GW reset
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

The CH setting only takes effect when CS is not 0. CH defaults to 1. So, to clear the settings use CS=0. To just restore CH to its default, use CH=1.

I added your request for more DBus signals on the feature request list for otmonitor.
Schelte
mike7

Post by mike7 »

mike7 wrote:
hvxl wrote: But this should only happen if you used really small resistors for your LEDs, around 100 Ohm or less. If you used the same resistors for the red and green LEDs and the green LEDs work fine, you are probably close to the tipping point. One possible technique you can try that doesn't require a soldering iron is to increase the resistor value using a file:
I don't know how far you can take that, but if you expect to throw away the resistors anyway when you get your hands on a soldering iron, you can give it a shot.
I've got leds with built-in resistors, according to datasheet current is up to 30mA. I'll change them or add resistors in 2 weeks when will come back to my country house.
Added resistors, no more problems. Thank you for your time.
mike7

Post by mike7 »

Schelte,
I checked SR command and I have got an idea: new command which will send alternative command instead of requested.
For example I have many "10 - Read - Number of TSPs" requests which always return the same answer.
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

You mean like UI=10 ? ;-)
Schelte
mike7

Post by mike7 »

hvxl wrote:You mean like UI=10 ? ;-)
If UI means unknown-id, no

I mean SA=10:0,43
Always return value to thermostat and ask alternative from a boiler.
Corresponded clear command should be also added :)
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

UI does mean unknown ID. What kind of magic do you think that does? It's just an indication to the gateway that it doesn't have to bother sending the message to the boiler. Combine that with the SR command to specify what you want the gateway to send back to the thermostat and I think you have what you were asking for. If not, then it's not clear to me what you want.
Schelte
mike7

Post by mike7 »

hvxl wrote:UI does mean unknown ID. What kind of magic do you think that does? It's just an indication to the gateway that it doesn't have to bother sending the message to the boiler. Combine that with the SR command to specify what you want the gateway to send back to the thermostat and I think you have what you were asking for. If not, then it's not clear to me what you want.
Yes, it is exacrly what I want, but the real life is ...:

Code: Select all

15:41:08.885488  Command (via websocket from 192.168.7.24:60724): SR=10:42,0
15:41:08.911464  SR: 10:42/0
15:41:20.568754  Command (via websocket from 192.168.7.24:60724): UI=10
15:41:20.584186  UI: 10
15:41:53.632278  T000A0000  Read-Data   Number of TSPs: 0
15:41:53.648008  R80190000  Read-Data   Boiler water temperature: 0.00
15:41:53.814387  BC0195200  Read-Ack    Boiler water temperature: 82.00
15:41:53.825483  AF00A0000  Unk-DataId  Number of TSPs: 0
Thank you very much for your support.
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

I guess you are experiencing interference from the feature to read TSPs that was introduced in firmware 4.0b4. I suspect it works with 4.0b3. Any chance you could test that?
Schelte
mike7

Post by mike7 »

hvxl wrote:I guess you are experiencing interference from the feature to read TSPs that was introduced in firmware 4.0b4. I suspect it works with 4.0b3. Any chance you could test that?
Checked with 4.0b3, working as expected, so something wrong with b4

PS. I tried PM=10, it's working ... may be you could add special TSP screen to otmonitor (both gui & web)?
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

Thanks for reporting that the PM=10 functionality works. I couldn't check that myself because my boiler doesn't support any of the TSP/FHB messages.

I have fixed the SR command when used on TSP/FHB messages in firmware version 4.0.
Schelte

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”