OpenTherm Monitor Program

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

hvxl

Re: OpenTherm Monitor Program

Post by hvxl »

That's not rubbish, it's the output of either test #2 or #3 of the diagnostic firmware. Go to File->Diagnostics and in the window that pops up press the enter key. That should stop the output and give you a menu with diagnostic commands. You may run other commands to verify the workings of the gateway. If all checks out, go ahead and load the gateway firmware.
Schelte
RedNax
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Opentherm Gateway

Post by RedNax »

When i setup an email server in OTmonitor to be able to send alerts, it complains "Can't read "sock": no such variable.". What could be the reason for this?

Could we also have a (configurable) CH water pressure alert?

Addendum: The above in when TLS is selected. On Plain the message is: No supported authentication scheme. The smtp server is the one offered by my isp. It requires no authentication. Running on Win8.1.

Thanks!
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

Copy/paste error on my part I'm afraid. If you want to fix it yourself, get the otmonitor source code and on line 234 of alerts.tcl change $sock to $fd, so you get:

Code: Select all

tls::import $fd
            fconfigure $fd -translation crlf -buffering line
            smtpputs $fd "EHLO [lindex [fconfigure $fd -sockname] 1]"
I'll look into adding a water pressure alert.
Schelte
RedNax
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by RedNax »

Thanks, that helped. The alerts don't work with open relay smtp servers. I've commented out the

Code: Select all

smtpauth $fd $data $cfg(email,user) $cfg(email,password)
and now it sends emails just fine. Also hacked CH pressure alert into it.... (copied the roomcold related items and modified them for CH pressure). And made the limits configurable.

I need the CH pressure alert as my 1 year old Vaillant has sprung a leak in the heat exchanger (i think, it loses 750ml/h from one of it's drainage hoses) so i need to refill frequently until the installer comes round on monday) :(
dirkmans
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by dirkmans »

As a raspberry pi newbie, can someone tell me how to install the monitor program on the pi, or point me to a manual.

tnx
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

Download it, make it executable, run it.

See also this old topic
Schelte

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”