Intergas Timing Issue

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

jwspuij
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Intergas Timing Issue

Post by jwspuij »

One error=1 per thermostat message. When I enter It=0 i get nothing from the boiler anymore.

Funny thing is: i flashed 3.4 and that one works perfectly, burner on/off, doesn't matter.
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

That doesn't sound right. The default (IT=1) suppresses error01 messages. IT=0 reports them again. With 3.4 you should still see errors for the non-opentherm parts.
Schelte
jwspuij
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jwspuij »

I'm sorry, then it's indeed the other way around. I tried both IT=1 and IT=0. I also tried about every voltage level the thermostat still was responding to.

I know it sounds strange, but with 3.4 it works. No error 01's at all. Diagnose.hex and 4.0a06 and 4.0a10 all report error 01 consistently or nothing with IT=1. (IT=1 of course only with 4.0 not with diagnose.hex).
jwspuij
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jwspuij »

I've included the log file from the 3.4 firmware. It include's a print statement of the firmware version and both IT=1 and IT=0. As you can see the firmware happily continues running with either IT=0 or IT=1. Can't it be that the stricter timing in this firmware makes it ignore the 75us spikes in the signal?
Attachments
otlog-20131015.zip
(1.18 KiB) Downloaded 341 times
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

If I run the simulator with the timings you provided I get Error 03 reports as expected, but after that it is also able to decode the opentherm message from the boiler. So I don't understand why you don't see those. Do you have some logs of firmware 4.0a10 in combination with this new main board?
Schelte
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

I made some changes in firmware 4.0a11. Can you check if that improves things?
Schelte

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”