OTMONITOR

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

Freeck
Starting Member
Starting Member

OTMONITOR

Post by Freeck »

having some difficulty understandig the exact working of OTMONITOR, i.e. the logging features.
I would like to study the data file, but the textfile otdata.txt contains only the latest record; Old data is constantly overwritten....

Futhermore: the record shows 0;0;0;1;0;0;10.00;22.15;21.80;0.00;52.50;;22.00;59.00;75.00;100.00
It contains no timestamp. is this a standard feature or?

Thanks Freeck
hvxl

Re: OTMONITOR

Post by hvxl »

Freeck wrote:I would like to study the data file, but the textfile otdata.txt contains only the latest record; Old data is constantly overwritten....
Then it works. The datafile is supposed to list the last known values of a number of parameters for use by some external program. The file is refreshed every 30 seconds. If you want a time stamp, look at the last modification time of the file.

If you want to study the opentherm communication, you'll probably be much more interested in the log file.
Schelte
Freeck
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: OTMONITOR

Post by Freeck »

Hi Schelte,

Thanks for your reply. My aim/expectation was to import the time series from the datafile directly into Excell , your suggestion using the log is OK, but requires futher processing. No problem...

freeck

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”