Unset OT=

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

RedNax
Starting Member
Starting Member

Unset OT=

Post by RedNax »

Is there a way to unset the outside temperature once it's been set with an OT= command?
hvxl

Re: Unset OT=

Post by hvxl »

RedNax wrote:Is there a way to unset the outside temperature once it's been set with an OT= command?
Nothing short of a reset of the gateway. The assumption is that if you provided the outside temperature over the serial interface once, you'll continue to do so.
Schelte
RedNax
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by RedNax »

Figured that... So today i flashed 4.0a5 and connected up a Dallas i had laying around. Seems to be working just fine. The occasional Error 3 is noticable against absolutely none on 3.4.I guess the pic's just missing a bit when probing.. the probe :)
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

I added a new feature to firmware 4.0a8 that allows you to unset the outside temperature via the command 'OT=99'.

I addressed your DS1820 related remarks in the Outside temperature probe topic.
Schelte
RedNax
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by RedNax »

IS this now the same for SW=? Now, when i temporarily raise the SW (which will only be effective once i set it on the thermostat), there's no (obvious) way to unset it. ie, stop the gateway from substituting it's own messages to the boiler. It substitutes it's own value even when the one coming from the thermostat is the same.
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

No, the SW command uses the same method as all other setpoints for unsetting it: SW=0. For the OT command I had to do it differently because 0 is a perfectly plausible outside temperature.
Schelte

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”