This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

titus
Starting Member
Starting Member

iSense and Elco Thision

Post by titus »

Hi Guys,

I'm new here to this forum and my question maybe is somewhat off topic, hope you apologize for that.

Running an opentherm gateway for about a year now and it works great. I'm using an Elco Thision S and the Siemens QAA73.

Because of the "Remote override room setpoint" problem with the QAA I was looking for a replacement. Some weeks ago I found a Remeha iSense for a reasonable price on ebay and bought it. Wikipedia says "A controller from manufacturer A may be used to control a boiler from manufacturer B" and so I was confident that this combination will work. But it does not. The boiler starts the burner and stops a few seconds later with error 129. The manual does not cover this error and Elco refuses to explain it to me as a "non-expert".

In OpenTherm-Monitor I saw that the QAA and the Thision were talking some "reserved" Opentherm-IDs which the iSense don't do.

Has anybody running this combination successfull? Or is it possible for the gateway to "inject" some of these reserved IDs into the communication? Or do anybody know what error 129 means?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Titus

P.S. I can provide a log from Opentherm-Monitor if it is helpful.
hvxl

Re: iSense and Elco Thision

Post by hvxl »

So Elco basically says they think you're too dumb to understand what the error means? That's a good way to prevent repeat-business! I suspect the person you were talking to didn't know himself and was just too lazy to find out.

I'd be happy to take a look at your logs to see if there is something that can be done with the gateway to mitigate the situation.
Schelte
titus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by titus »

Hi hvxl,

thanks for offering your help. I'll provide to log in the next few days, because I've to reinstall the iSense to grab it.

I'm pretty sure that the spokesperson from Elco do exactly knew that she wrotes. She wrote that they generally do not answer end-user questions and I should ask the (certified) installer of the system. I did so, and he told me that parts of different manufactures are always incompatible... My question why it is called OPENtherm was answered with "I'll not support such a mixed system".
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

It may be useful to also see a log with firmware 4.0b0 without a thermostat connected.
Schelte
titus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by titus »

Hi hvxl,

I've send you a mail with the logs.

Thanks,
Titus
filth
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by filth »

Did you get it working? I have a Elco too and i was looking for a replacement for the QAA73
titus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by titus »

No, unfortunately not.

I had'nd had the time to further investigate this the last month, but during my attempts then I can't get it to work at all :?

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”