Nefit Easy

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

sanderl
Starting Member
Starting Member

Nefit Easy

Post by sanderl »

Hi, is it possible with my Vera to use OpenTherm Gateway plugin version 1.0 to control the new Nefit easy?

There is also becoming a nefit easy connect adapter to connect to older boilers.

It appears the new nefit easy is communicating opentherm between the nefit easy connect adapter and the nefit easy...

So in my humble opinion it should/could be possible to control this opentherm via the opentherm plugin?
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Nefit Easy

Post by Bwired »

I dont think this is possible, Nefit is not using the standard opentherm protocol, they adjusted it (how stupid can you be!)
Thats why i kicked out my 5 years old Nefit hvac :)
sanderl
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by sanderl »

HI, please read the manual of nefit easy.

IT IS OPENTHERM!

http://www.nefit.nl/consument/service/e ... agen/faq_5

In combinatie met de Nefit Easy Connect adapter werkt Nefit Easy met alle cv-toestellen met OpenTherm. Kijk hier voor de beschikbaarheid van de Nefit Easy Connect. OpenTherm (afgekort: OT) is een communicatieprotocol dat toegepast wordt in een centrale verwarmingsinstallatie tussen een cv-ketel en een thermostaat. De toevoeging open is bedoeld om aan te geven dat het een fabrikantonafhankelijk systeem is waarbij een thermostaat van fabrikant A aangesloten kan worden op een cv-ketel van fabrikant B. Vrijwel alle fabrikanten passen OpenTherm toe. Raadpleeg de handleiding van uw cv-toestel om vast te stellen of het gaat om een OpenTherm-toestel.

ps. If you have such an older boiler with the nefit propriatary protocol (indeed how stupid can you be!), then you can use easy connect with the easy connect adapter which converts opentherm to nefit protocol.

So question is still valid!!!!
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

That would be good News, looks like newer Nefit models have standard Opentherm
i would like to see the first one working on the Open term gateway :)
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

i read : it isnt opentherm , you need an adapter to connect to opentherm

sanderl wrote:HI, please read the manual of nefit easy.

IT IS OPENTHERM!

In combinatie met de Nefit Easy Connect adapter werkt Nefit Easy met alle cv-toestellen met OpenTherm. Kijk hier voor de beschikbaarheid van de Nefit Easy Connect. OpenTherm (afgekort: OT) is een communicatieprotocol dat toegepast wordt in een centrale verwarmingsinstallatie tussen een cv-ketel en een thermostaat. De toevoeging open is bedoeld om aan te geven dat het een fabrikantonafhankelijk systeem is waarbij een thermostaat van fabrikant A aangesloten kan worden op een cv-ketel van fabrikant B. Vrijwel alle fabrikanten passen OpenTherm toe. Raadpleeg de handleiding van uw cv-toestel om vast te stellen of het gaat om een OpenTherm-toestel.

ps. If you have such an older boiler with the nefit propriatary protocol (indeed how stupid can you be!), then you can use easy connect with the easy connect adapter which converts opentherm to nefit protocol.

So question is still valid!!!!
vasco_nl
Starting Member
Starting Member

Nefit Easy

Post by vasco_nl »

sanderl wrote:HI, please read the manual of nefit easy.

IT IS OPENTHERM!

No, the Nefit Easy is NOT BY DEFAULT OPENTHERM!

You need to buy an extra communication adaptor (Nefit Easy Connect) if you read the manual provided by your own link carefully. Default the Nefit Easy talks the own Nefit protocol.
Disneyland, een mensenval bediend door een muis!
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Ok so 2 interfaces: easyconnect and then OTG :lol:
probably wont work
sanderl
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by sanderl »

Come on guys. don't mess up my thread!
The protocol used by Nefit Easy IS OPENTHERM! Easy connect can be CONNECTED TO OPENTHERM BOILER DIRECTLY.
If however, you have an older Nefit boiler THEN YOU NEED THE CONNECT Adapater. To translate opentherm to nefit proprietary.
Please if not responding to the question to support the OPENTHERM part then please do not reply and deviate from my original forum topic.

Thanks.
Attachments
Opentherm vs Nefit protocol
Opentherm vs Nefit protocol
download.jpg (7.83 KiB) Viewed 14616 times
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

messing up the topic: as far as i can see all answers are related to your question?
sanderl
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by sanderl »

opentherm - not opentherm thats not the question.

the question is will the nefit eas work with the opentherm gateway and vera?
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

sanderl wrote:The protocol used by Nefit Easy IS OPENTHERM! Easy connect can be CONNECTED TO OPENTHERM BOILER DIRECTLY.
If however, you have an older Nefit boiler THEN YOU NEED THE CONNECT Adapater. To translate opentherm to nefit proprietary
At the risk of being accused of messing up the topic, I think you got that backwards. The ketellijsteasy.pdf document and other sources indicate that a Nefit Easy Connect is necessary to connect the Nefit Easy to a boiler that works with the opentherm protocol. That would mean the Nefit Easy communicates using some Nefit propriatary protocol, and you would have to put the gateway between the Nefit Easy Connect and the boiler. You will then probably be able to see the opentherm traffic. How much opportunity you will get to manipulate things I don't know. I expect disappointment there, but would very much like to proven wrong.
Schelte
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

I think Schelte's reply is correct, it looks like you can't connect to a OpenTherm capable boiler without using an extra 'box' in between.

BTW, we're not used to SHOUTING!!! over here - it won't help. Instead, relax and enjoy the forum.
vasco_nl
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by vasco_nl »

We all try to help you with the correct information so you wont get jump into sonething that do not work like you believe it do.
But if you only wanna go for your own through why asking on a forum?
vasco_nl
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by vasco_nl »

We all try to tell you the same and correct info like hvxl above. The Nefit Easy can only talk to OpenTherm boilers when you also add the Nefit Easy Connect to it.
sanderl
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by sanderl »

I did not mean to shout, only to emphasise.

Thanks for the replies.

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”