Add Alternative (AA) command, and delete an ID

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

gizmocuz
Starting Member
Starting Member

Add Alternative (AA) command, and delete an ID

Post by gizmocuz »

If i understand correctly you can add one or more Alternative commands to be polled

Is this correct, or can you only add 1? This because i added MsgID 26/28, so far 28 is providing data now...

What happens if i accidentally typed AA=126, how can i remove this MsgId from being queried?

Is it an option to make it work like:
AA=+28
AA=+126
AA=-126

With kind regards,
Rob
hvxl

Re: Add Alternative (AA) command, and delete an ID

Post by hvxl »

There are 32 slots for alternative command IDs. You can add any ID except 0. The IDs don't have to be unique. If you add some ID twice, it will be queried twice as frequently as IDs that appear only once in the list.

IDs are removed from the list if the boiler doesn't support them. That's probably what happened to your ID 26. You can manually remove IDs from the list using the DA command. I don't see a good reason to change that to the method you proposed.
Schelte
dirkmans
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by dirkmans »

I've added the option AA=28, to read my return water temp.
This is working ok, but the command is sended every 5 minutes,
is it possible to make this more often?
I would like to read it directly with the boiler water temperature
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

The thermostat is the opentherm master, so it decides which messages to send. The gateway doesn't have much influence there.

The gateway will send an alternative message whenever the thermostat requests a message for which the gateway has learned that it is not supported by the boiler. Maybe there are some other messages in the alternative list that you can remove to get message 28 more frequently (by default the list contains messages 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, and 123). You can also tell the gateway that some other message is not supported by the boiler (using the UI command), so one of the alternatives will be sent to the boiler instead.
Schelte

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”