junkers boiler and junkers tr 200 thermosthat with OG ?

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

pluimpje
Starting Member
Starting Member

junkers boiler and junkers tr 200 thermosthat with OG ?

Post by pluimpje »

Hello,

I'm new to domotica and everything around it.
My final goal is to integrate my boiler (a junkers eurostar) within the home automation system (openhab environment)

I stumbled upon the opentherm gateway to manipulate the boiler, but does this work with the combo of boiler (junkers eurostar) and thermosthat (junkers tr 200) ?

regards
hvxl

Re: junkers boiler and junkers tr 200 thermosthat with OG ?

Post by hvxl »

From a quick search on the internet, I don't get the impression the junkers equipment uses opentherm. It is therefor unfortunately very unlikely that you will be able to use the opentherm gateway.
Schelte
pluimpje
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by pluimpje »

I found this document http://www.thermosmart.nl/wp-content/up ... 112013.pdf
that says that junkers boiler do opentherm, but the wiring is the same as the on/off (aan/uit in the table) so I already had my doubts.

Any way of checking this since I have the hardware (boiler) without spending a lot of euros ?
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

A simple check you can start with, assuming you have access to a multimeter, is to disconnect the thermostat and measure the current when the wires are shorted via the multimeter. For opentherm the current should be between 5 and 9 mA.

If that's OK, measure the voltage on the line with the thermostat connected. It should normally be below 7 Volts, with short bursts to a higher voltage about once a second.

If either of these tests show a different result, you know the boiler and thermostat are not compatible with opentherm.
Schelte

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”