This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

Hallfaer
Starting Member
Starting Member

Config bits for PIC16F88

Post by Hallfaer »

Hi guys,

I'm trying to wire up my home with an OpenTherm gateway for remote heating control but I have some trouble programming the PIC16G88.
I don't know what config bits to set to for the programming.
When I try to read from or write to the PIC the software will tell me that he has no config setting, and I should supply one.
I never worked with PIC before, so I'm a bit out of my league here.

Is there a place where I can find the correct config bit settings? I searched on the web, but it seems to be program specific and not device specific, so I think I'll need a specific set of config bits for the gateway.hex.

Additional information:

I used gateway.hex version 3.4
The software I use is pp (PIC Programmer)
The programmer is a Kitsrus K-150 (Not the best from what I've heard, but pp is made for it, and it was way cheaper than other programmers)
I'll hook it up to a Raspberry Pi. I'll still have to design the exact architecture, but I'll manage that just fine.
The Raspberry Pi will be controllable over the net. I'm pretty sure SSH tunnel + RSA publickey authentication will keep possible meddlers out.
hvxl

Re: Config bits for PIC16F88

Post by hvxl »

The config words are included in the hex file, so the programmer should really get them from there. I don't know in what format you need them. Here they are in both hex and binary:
2007: 2F74 (10111101110100)
2008: 3FFF (11111111111111)
Schelte

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”