This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

nuphar
Starting Member
Starting Member

Really basic questions

Post by nuphar »

Hi,

Feeling quite silly at this point, but I have some really basic questions about the OTG and possibilities. I can find all kind of detailed discussions and information, but I'm somehow a bit careful before connecting the OTH to our heating system.

So, really basic:
- I have a Remeha Calenta 40C and wired iSense. If I connect the OTG, I can use it to monitor the boiler and change temperature?
- Is there any scripting interface to controle the OTG to change the temperature? For this moment, I want to link it to my Domoticz system with temperature sensors and therefor have a script (PHP, Pyhton perhaps) that reads the desired temperature, measured temperature and decides whether or not so change the temperature. Also, It would allow me to write a very basic page to set the temperature from the internet.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Johan
adijk
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Really basic questions

Post by adijk »

I'm don't have a working OTG yet, but I'm in the process of it. But what I understand you can just put the OTG in gateway-mode between the thermostat and the boiler, and control the thermostat with the OTG. If you put the OTG in monitor-mode between the two, you can only monitor the things and create nice graphs and such but you cannot control it.

You can script the temperature changes with or anything else by dbus or with the otmonitor-utility. Or just interface directly with the RS232 or TTL-interface with the documented commands on the website.

Further more in this thread they say that domoticz and OTG are compatible.
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

I can confirm that adijk understood correctly. Note that you need an iSense with at least firmware version 19 (perhaps 18 is fine too. I don't have information on that. 17 definitely is not) to be able to modify the setpoint via Opentherm.
Schelte
nuphar
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by nuphar »

Thanks! I will check my iSense first, since I do want to modify the setpoint.

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”