Can't start otmonitor

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

sappien
Starting Member
Starting Member

Can't start otmonitor

Post by sappien »

When I try to start otmonitor I get "-bash: ./otmonitor: No such file or directory"

Which libraries is needed for otmonitor to start? (Running 64bits Debian at this moment)
yjb

Re: Can't start otmonitor

Post by yjb »

Can you do a ls -al otmonitor?

Actually I would say that the execute permissions are not set for the current user.

In that case the following will fix your issue.

Code: Select all

chmod +x otmonitor
Ysbrand
sappien
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by sappien »

The rights are set oke, I think I miss some 32bits libraries.. It happens since I've switched to 64bits Debian
sappien
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by sappien »

readelf -a ./otmonitor

The answer is in this line of the output of readelf -a in the original question

[Requesting program interpreter: /lib/ld-linux.so.2]
I was missing the /lib/ld-linux.so.2 file, which is needed to run 32-bit apps. The Ubuntu package that has this file is libc6-i386.
sappien
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by sappien »

the package lib32gcc1 is also needed when updating firmware..
adijk
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by adijk »

I'm trying to run this thing on a BeagleBone Black with Debian Wheezy. It's a netinstall so there are hardly any packages.

Can someone point me in the right direction where to start with getting this thing to run on Debian on Arm? I get the same error as sappien with the otmonitor-ahf-binary and don't know how to (cross)compile the source.

I guess in the source it's missing otmonkit but i can't figure out where that is. Are there any directions on how to use or compile the source on other distributions?
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

You can build a Tclkit using KitCreator. For the full functionality, you also need the tls and tdom Tcl libraries, but those should be available through apt-get/aptitude for Debian Wheezy.
Schelte
adijk
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by adijk »

Right, downloaded the source and wanted to run the stuff. But I'm running into all kind of problems.

I've downloaded tclkit and ran otmonitor.vfs/main.tcl but I'm getting the following errors:

./tclkit-linux-x86 otmonitor.vfs/main.tcl
attempt to provide package getopt 2.0 failed: no version of package getopt provided
    ("package ifneeded getopt 2.0" script)
    invoked from within
"package require getopt"
    (file "/home/rippie/otmonitor.vfs/otmonitor.tcl" line 1169)
    invoked from within
"source /home/rippie/otmonitor.vfs/otmonitor.tcl"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 [list source [file join /home/rippie/otmonitor.vfs $file]]"
    (procedure "include" line 2)
    invoked from within
"include otmonitor.tcl"
    (file "otmonitor.vfs/main.tcl" line 13)
I've installed tcl, tk and vtk. Any suggestions under Debian Wheezy?
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

Why on earth would you buy something like a BeagleBone if you are so poor at figuring things out by yourself?

What is this tclkit-linux-x86 you are running? Where did you get it? I'm actually surprised it does anything at all. The name suggests it's an intel x86 version, while the BeagleBone has an ARM processor.

I downloaded a Debian Wheezy x86 netinstall and installed it in a virtual machine. On a clean install I ran the following commands to make otmonitor work. If you repeat these steps on your BeagleBone, I would expect it to work there as well.

As root:

apt-get install g++ libX11-dev libXft-dev libdbus-1-dev tdom tcl-tls
As regular user:

cd /tmp
wget http://otgw.tclcode.com/download/otmonitor.zip
wget http://www.rkeene.org/devel/kitcreator-0.9.0.tar.gz
tar xvf kitcreator-0.9.0.tar.gz 
cd kitcreator-0.9.0/
KITCREATOR_PKGS="tk itcl mk4tcl dbus" ./kitcreator 8.6.1
mkdir ~/bin
PATH=~/bin:$PATH
cp tclkit-8.6.1 ~/bin/tclkit
cd
unzip /tmp/otmonitor.zip
cd otmonitor.vfs/lib/
ln -s /usr/lib/tcltk/tdom0.8.3
ln -s /usr/share/tcltk/tls1.6
After those one-time preparations you can run otmonitor at any time by doing:
tclkit ~/otmonitor.vfs/main.tcl
Schelte
adijk
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by adijk »

I'm familiar with Linux and figuring stuff out like missing libraries or missing packages. I had troubles on my netinstall on the BeagleBone to run the rasbian-binary. It just said no such file or directory. The readelf-command didn't show any strange things, ldd could find all necessary libraries and even strace (-f or with -e trace=file) gave only the message no such file or directory. And because i didn't want to wear out my eMMC by installing, removing and retrying the installation 100 times i also installed a wheezy-netinstall in a VirtualBox, hence the tclkit-linux-x86.

And if you don't work with TCL/TK every day you don't know where to start and search on the internet. TCL is even worse with installing and managing external libraries then python. And because my main programming languages are perl, bash and java, this is new for me. Sorry for asking how to run this because I couldn't find these instructions, of necessary libraries on your website. Thanks anyway for the instructions. They worked perfectly on the VirtualBox, now only need to cross compile it or somehow compile it on my beaglebone. I guess i need to use a separate SD-card to do all the compiling on.

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”