This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

eggn1n3
Starting Member
Starting Member

multiple zones

Post by eggn1n3 »

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone tried to create multiple zones using the opentherm gateway? The idea is to let a thermostat control the 1st floor (where the living room is) for example by sending the control setpoint to the CV; nothing new here. But what I want to do as well is to measure the temperature in the bedrooms and activate the CV if needed by sending a control setpoint to the CV so that CV will be activated and the radiators will get warm water. To prevent the living room to get too warm and the thermostat becoming confused I want to close the radiator valves in the living room using Z-wave controlled radiator valves.

My main question is if this will work and if the thermostat in the living room will not be confused as the control setpoint is changed outside the thermostat.
Maybe you have better ideas?

Thanks!
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: multiple zones

Post by Rene »

I have a similar setup which worked reliably last winter. I control the temperature of 5 rooms by using Max! Radiator thermostats in each room and setting the setpoint of the boiler via the opentherm gateway. To let the boiler heat, the setpoint of the thermostat must be higher than the setpoint of the radiator thermostat in the same room (living). As soon as the setpoints of all rooms is reached, lower the setpoint of the thermostat controlling the boiler.
Rene.

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”