A10 plugin in HomeSeer updater

Alles m.b.t. de Homeseer Xanura PMIX35, CTX15, CTX35 HS3 Plugin van sddroog (Dutch Forum)

Moderator: stefxx

stefxx
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

A10 plugin in HomeSeer updater

Post by stefxx »

Sinds vanmorgen staat versie 3.0.0.19 in de HomeSeer 3 updater.

New: added trigger and action "All Units Off"
Fix: Erratic behavior on trigger and actions that used "All Lights Off" or "All Lights On"
Fix: Crash with dim/bgt on a non-preset X10 device (Linux only)
Fix: When transmit value has never been changed in the plugin config, the PMIX35 could use the wrong signal strength
stefxx
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: A10 plugin in HomeSeer updater

Post by stefxx »

Versie 3.0.0.20 staat vanaf nu in de updater. Belangrijkste fix is het (juist) ontvangen en afhandelen van X10 commando's vanaf de CTX15/35.

Fix: Received CTX15/35 commands not properly processed
Improved: Handling of multiple receive commands on same line
New: Additional debug options
New: Added support links in plugin setup
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

great!
handling of multiple A10/X10 commands is where all the current drivers go wrong. thats also one of the reasons why people fins X10 not reliable
with lots of X10 devices you can receive packages like this:

$<2800! K01 M15 MON M05 M06 MON MON MON C01C01 MON CONCON C01C01 COFFCOFF M09MON M05 MON M06MON KON 12#"

You need to store the devicecode in a an array and check if the appropriate commands comes with x (minimal) seconds

so a good addition i think :)
stefxx
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by stefxx »

Yep. But I still haven't figured out what to do with this:

$<2800!K01M01K02MOFFKOFFKONxx#

In other words, if two addresses are received (with the same housecode) and then an on and an off command are received for that same housecode. Should I process them in the sequence they come in? Which could cause issues when an on or off command is lost (due to noise or whatever)?

BTW, the PMIX35 doesn't ever mix commands like the CTX15/35. There is always 1 command per line, with noise and signal strength combined. So that is much easier to process. First the address, next line the on/off. Or just an extended code. Very simple :)

And am I using X10 with more then 40 devices for about then 10 years now. In two different houses. Old modules, newer modules. In my experience, the reliability is mainly depending on the quality (lack of noise) on the powerline. Good planning in the "meterkast", filters (not the cheap plugin filters, they do not do anything) and remove any device (like cheap Chinese power supplies!) that causes interference. And have a good quality interface like the PMIX35 helps a lot too. After the initial setup and troubleshooting, I have always been able to have a rock solid X10 setup.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

totally agree on your findings, my setup is also very reliable!
and yes that is the big problem with the CTX35, you are right, the pmix35 is better regarding that!
I handle them in the sequence order they come in, but also good is to set devices to diff housecodes so you avoid the problem as much as possible :)
Paul H te O

Post by Paul H te O »

Hello, I use the plug-in now on a Hometroller Zee S2 in combination whit a PMIX35 and it is working oke.
But only one little problem, when I let the Plug-in sent houscode A ALL units off the units go off, but the status from the modules stay ON in Homeseer.
What can be the couse?
Regards Paul.
HS4 Windows 10 Pro
stefxx
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by stefxx »

There is simply no mechanism to switch the devices in Homeseer for an All Units/All Light on/off command. Firstly because it is unknown which devices will actually respond to that command, and secondly because I was lazy. :lol:

I suggest you create an event and switch the devices individually. That way it is more controlled and you can always be sure the devices in homeseer reflect the actual state.

Thanks!
Paul H te O

Post by Paul H te O »

Thanks for the fast reply, I had all ready created an event like that :), but was wondering if it was something else.
HS4 Windows 10 Pro

Return to “Homeseer PMIX35, CTX15, CTX35 - Plugin HS3”