Z-Stick backup info

Forum all about Z-Wave Fibaro
mhn

Re: Z-Stick backup info

Post by mhn »

You can just add the new stick as secondary and promote it to pirmary.

Regards
Morten
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

mhn wrote:You can just add the new stick as secondary and promote it to pirmary.

Regards
Morten
I tried in the past and it failed after which i had two secondairy controllers. I needed to reset both controllers and had to start over again
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
mhn

Post by mhn »

I had that one’s but some rebooting and so on fixed it.

I have changed sticks that way around 5 times until now.

The last time from Aeon stick to Z-Wave.me UZB not so long ago.

Regards
Morten
mrqnapper

Post by mrqnapper »

Ok, received the UZB stick last week and tried to install it today. So, I plugged it in, in a free usb port on my Mac Mini running Windows in Parallels. Next in Hs3 I added a new controller (type z-wave.me ?). Than I tried to initialize it, getting the error that it cannot open the comport, com3 is not available. That might be right because the Z-stick is on Com3.
How to get the Uzb stick running using an other comport? One would expect that windows recognises the new added device, right?

Wiechert.
mhn

Post by mhn »

I use "Generic Serial controller" with UZB and HS3.

You have to use the COM port your UZB driver use.

Regards
Morten
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

When the device is plugged in windows will recognize an unknown usb device and you need to select the driver manually to let windows load the correct driver and create the virtual comport
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
mrqnapper

Post by mrqnapper »

First it was not recognised by Windows. After a second try it was and with the driver installed it now works.
Only did not succeed in sending the network information to the new controller and make it primary. Looks like they can't see each other. Have an other try today putting them closer together. How can I see which controller is the primary? Is it the first one in the list or does it say primary - secondary ?

W.
mhn

Post by mhn »

Under "Controller Node Information" - "Modes" Mine says "On Anorther Network, Real primary".

I always use 2 "masters" when transfering. Homeseer as one and for example the old Z-Tool http://www.homeseer.com/other-downloads.html or the Danfoss program http://up-it.dk/dl/enp/ as the other.

Regards
Morten
mrqnapper

Post by mrqnapper »

Ok I am a bit lost now :)

I have them both on the same Windows machine (MacMini with VM).
This is what i see in the node information.
main-controller:
Real Primary

second controller:
Node ID Server Present, Real Primary, Is SUC

It looks like the Sticks can not work at the same time? When sending info, I can not start the other stick receiving the network info! Its giving me this error:

Activate the "Receive" function on the other controller while it is close to your HomeSeer interface...
Error reported in the Replication Send response object - Replication Send failed.
Error: Error reported in the Replication Send response object - Replication Send failed.

So your idea might work. But its not clear to me how to do that? Just install the Z-tool (or Danfoss prog) on an other laptop and plug in the UZB stick? Or can it be on the same machine? In the Z-Tool there seems not to be an appropriated Interface for the UZB Tool? What to use there?
mhn

Post by mhn »

I just use an old laptop.

I think I used UZB with Z-Tool and generic setup but I am not quite sure.

Regards
Morten
mrqnapper

Post by mrqnapper »

Ok, Thanks I will give it a try.

Wiechert.
mrqnapper

Post by mrqnapper »

@Morten,
I have it working :) The Danfoss program did the job. Using that I managed to replicate the old Z-stick onto the new UZB stick. Than plugged it into the Hs3 pc again and after a rescan it worked. What a huge difference compared to the old Z-stick. The UZB is on the attic one floor up. Next to my Wifi router and RFXcom transceiver and its working much much better than the Z-stick has done before. So lets see how this works out over a longer period. But I am confident that it will be much more reliable.
So no more cable with blue led blinking hanging out the sealing here :)

Thanks and Regards Wiechert
mhn

Post by mhn »

:-)
mrqnapper

Post by mrqnapper »

Hi,

After changing over to the new z-wave stick it all seemed to work like a charm. Until yesterday, part of my z-wave network can't be reached any more. So I though a full optimization would probably help :) But to my surprise the Optimize option was not available in the z-wave config list? Strange, but than I remembered that I have the z-Tool app on my iPhone. I tried to use that and on the Homeseer config page it gave an error message saying: Error - Your HomeSeer interface must be the Primary Controller, SUC, SIS, or Inclusion Controller to use this function.

Strange since the new uzb stick is mentioned as being the Main controler?

Any ideas about this and how to solve? I'm on the latest Hs3 version ...206 and Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.30 (also tried chaining back to 3.0.1.25)

W.
mhn

Post by mhn »

That happened to me once. I don't actually know how I fixed it. But it was a "normal IT fix". I rebooted Homeseer the Z-Wave plugin by itself and pulled the stick form USB. One of those fixed it.

On "Controller Node Information" "Modes" have to be "Real Primary" (Mine is "On Another Network, Real Primary".

Regards
Morten

Return to “Fibaro”