Fibaro Relay questions

Forum all about Z-Wave Fibaro
kriz83

Fibaro Relay questions

Post by kriz83 »

Hi,

Currently my outdoor lights are controlled with a (normal) light sensor and a time clock.
The output of the light sensor (220V) is attached to the relay of the clock. When specific time slots are entered, the relay closes and the output of the light sensor goes via the time clock to an 'actor' that can switch higher currents. As long as there is current to the actor, the lights will be on.

I have quite a lot of lights, and I want to reduce electricity costs. Therefor, I want to turn the lights off in the evening when we go to bed, and only turn them on in the morning when we get out of bed (and it is dark ...).

I was thinking of using a Fibaro Relay 2x1.5kW for this. Instead of going from the time clock directly to the actor, I would put this in between.

But I was wondering ... If the lights are turned on by the clock, the 'switch' on the fibaro is toggled and that will close the fibaro relay which will trigger the 'actor' to turn on the lights. If I turn the fibaro relay off via HomeSeer, what will happen when the time clock opens the relay (and thus toggles the 'switch' on the fibaro). Will this turn on the lights again ?

Best regards,
Kriz
HomeSeer - PlugWise - RFXComm - Philips Pronto TSU9800/9600/9300
kriz83

Re: Fibaro Relay questions

Post by kriz83 »

A picture says more than a 1000 words ...
Attachments
Schematic
Schematic
Schema.png (170.41 KiB) Viewed 7232 times
Irritanterik

Post by Irritanterik »

I would do it this way:
  • - Outdoor sensor > input 1 of Fibaro Relay
    - Output 2 of Fibaro Relay > Lights
    - Remove clock module
You create this logic on your controller (homeseer, fibaro HC, domoticz, Homey, etc):
  • > When Input 1 AND time is nighttime Then Output 2 on for x minutes
    > etc.
HP t5630w with Homeseer 2 > Will migrate to Homey | RFXLAN | IRTrans | Opentherm Gateway | ITHO ECO-FAN integration | Harrison Curtain | Z-wave
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

But keep in mind that there is a bug on some versions of the dual relay and HS3 where input notify is not working correctly

http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=10626
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
kriz83

Post by kriz83 »

I woudln't be that interested in knowing the input status, as it automatically switches on the lights ... or not ?
Or are they 'the same' (input AND output) ?

Return to “Fibaro”