how to install the fibaro devices

Forum all about Z-Wave Fibaro
geert-jan

Re: how to install the fibaro devices

Post by geert-jan »

Hi,

the wiring should be according the figure below.
hotel_fibar2.png
hotel_fibar2.png (48.78 KiB) Viewed 11925 times
If you compare this with the hotel/wissel schakeling picture; the fibaro is in between switch 2 (fibaro In, S1) and the lamp (Fibaro Out, O).

Regards,
Geert-Jan
Sooty

Post by Sooty »

Sorry. I assumed mono stable (momentary) switches in my first diagram.

For bi stable switches the wiring should be as the above post by geert-jan. The Fibaro module also needs to be configured for bi stable switches (parameter 14)

S2 is used when you want to control another device by association.

In a normal UK "hotel switch" configuration there will be no neutral (blue) wire in either switch location, so the Fibaro FGS module would either need to be installed at the connection point for the circuit or a neutral wire would need to be installed at switch 1.

Paul..
Original_Wiring.png
Original_Wiring.png (5.76 KiB) Viewed 11921 times
Fibaro_Wiring.png
Fibaro_Wiring.png (6.45 KiB) Viewed 11921 times
mrqnapper

Post by mrqnapper »

@Sooty, @Geertjan, today I have finally finished this circuit. And its working, Apparently I mixed up to black wires so obvious it would not work:) With your help, I now succeeded getting this working like it should. The picture shows how the wires are fixed on the switch where also my Fibaro is located. The wiring on the other switch stayed the way it was.
Might be a help for others struggling with getting the fibaro to work with a "hotel switch".
In Homeseer Its added nicely.Now I am able to switch manually on and off, and also with the help of Homeseer/ Hstouch. When manually switched on or of the status is updated in Homeseer as well. Nice. :)
fibaro switch with hotelschakeling
fibaro switch with hotelschakeling
IMG_3818.JPG (160.43 KiB) Viewed 11896 times
mrqnapper

Post by mrqnapper »

Next step which now of course was a piece off cake, installing a Fibaro 2 x 1,5watt device for the outdoor lightning. This device is placed outside (under an open shed) in a large IP65 box and connected with two separate IP65 Switches. One connected with s1 and a wire to outdoor light on O1 and the other on s2 and O2 leading to an other light(point) witch I want to switch.
This works nice as well.
just one question, can I expect problems when placing one or two more of these fibaro 2 x 1,5watt devices in the same box? Since beside the two switches I planned to switch some more stuff...
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

If i read this correctly i need one Fibaro device to create a "hotel schakeling"

Although this video is using Aeon Labs

http://youtu.be/JafbJYzo9h4

P.S. Including using Youtube tags does not seem to be working
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
mrqnapper

Post by mrqnapper »

That's right. I have this working since the last post, and did not experience any problems.

Wh
Dvbit
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Dvbit »

Thanks guys.
I am an absolutely new by and this Clarified a lot o double switches
nikagl

Post by nikagl »

Hi all,

Old thread, hope there's still someone that can answer my question. Thanks for posting your diagrams. I have added mine below. My main issue is that I want to install the Fibaro switch behind a double switch that switches a lamp on the first and second floor, both with a "hotel schakeling" / hotel switch / two way switch on another floor. The problem is that one switch of the double switch switches the Live (brown) wire and the other switches the actual lamp.
Diagram double switch.jpg
Diagram double switch.jpg (43.72 KiB) Viewed 11718 times
What to do to make this work? Off course I can also add a second switch on the Second Floor, but that's an additional 50 euros... ;)

Regards,

Nika.
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I think you need two fibaro devices for this setup, one for the first floor and one for the second floor. i don`t think the fibaro unit support a "kruisschakeling" https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisselschakeling

Although this picture tells you that one input on the Fibaro device is not used, You can connect both lightbulbs to the same fibaro as long as us use FGS-221 and connect one set of the switches to input1 and the other set to input2. But you need to pull one or two additional wires. Depending of the availability of a brown wire in the upper patres box

Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s

Return to “Fibaro”