Axbo introduces Sleep phase alarm clock

Forum to Introduce Home Automation Domotica related hardware here.....
MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by MindBender »

This seems like a nice idea:
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">aXbo, the world's first sleep phase alarm clock, is designed to wake you individually at your optimal wake up time during a light sleep phase. aXbo offers the perfect start to your day:
<ul><li>You wake up naturally, feeling wonderfully relaxed and calm.</li><li>You are already fit, balanced and in the right mood for
an active day, full of energy.</li></ul><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">It measures your sleep phase through a wrist band and wakes you up when it hurts the least. It comes with two wrist bands, making it suitable for you and your partner.
http://www.axbo.com/axbo/CMS/CMS.aspx?Language=E
It would be nice to hook it up to X10, so it will slowly turn on the bed lights when it's that time again, just like the Philips Wake Up Light.
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Snelvuur »

200 euro's just to try it out is a bit steep.. idea is nice, but i think i look like a fool with wrist bands in bed. I allready have a alarm clock, my gf :) she wakes up at 5.. then i even go back to sleep to get up at 9..

imho, the best way to get a good night sleep is spend some extra cash on a proper bed. you will feel more relaxed if you got a proper bed..

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Pieterpaul

Post by Pieterpaul »

Not so sure about this invention.
What happens when you are in a non-optimal sleep state at the time you would like to wake up? Does it wait until you are in a better state (making you come late) or does it predict this (and wake you up early)? Neither solution seems much better than waking up from a bad state. [;)]
And how does it work with the two wrist bands for both partners? If you are in sleep anti-phase, you will never be woken up? [:o)]
Pieterpaul

Post by Pieterpaul »

Wait: never be woken up... that does sound like a good invention [:o)]
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

In the same line! Realtime hart monitoring with Suunto PC Pod. Usb stick 2.4 Ghz
http://www.suunto.com/suunto/main/produ ... 7064186085

Return to “Announcements & News Forum”