NetDevices Tahoe II

Forum to Introduce Home Automation Domotica related hardware here.....
Niknik

NetDevices Tahoe II

Post by Niknik »

I didn't even know there was a .Net for embedded devices.

This kits look nice: http://devicesolutions.net/Products/TahoeII.aspx

And developping for it should be really easy for anyone used to work with .Net and Visual Studio. :)

The Tahoe-II development platform is the ideal place to start when developing small, smart, connected devices. Featuring the .NET Micro Framework, you have the hardware and software tools to get your project done faster than ever before.
Through its fully integrated Visual Studio experience, the .NET Micro Framework brings a reliable and productive development environment to the world of embedded development. Complex applications can be developed and debugged faster by leveraging the powerful emulator and Visual Studios debugging capabilities. The familiar development environment also enables .NET desktop programmers to work easily on embedded projects.
The Tahoe- features a 3.5 touch-screen LCD, wired and wireless networking, USB function for interfacing to PCs, an accelerometer for innovative sensing and user interface applications. When you need to prototype a new device, the Tahoe-II has easy access to an array of expansion options; including serial ports, I2C, SPI and plenty of GPIO.
The Tahoe-II is built around the Meridian CPU, while features a Freescale i.MXS ARM9 processor, 4Mbytes of Flash, 8Mbytes of RAM. Moving from prototype to production is simple with the Meridian CPU. The Meridian CPU and the .NET Micro Framework are ideal for applications such as; industrial automation, home automation, healthcare, consumer devices, retail point-of-sale, PC peripherals, and automotive applications.

Meridian CPU (ARM920 @ 100MHz, 4Mbytes Flash, 8Mbytes SDRAM)
3.5 Landscape TFT LCD with touch-screen
9 user input buttons
RS232 serial (DB9)
USB Function
Ethernet
Accelerometer, with support for event notification including free-fall detection
SD Card interface
Temperature sensor and 2x ADC channels
Interface for XBee wireless module (and additional ADC channels if fitted)
PWM output
Expansion connectors that expose GPIO, I2C, SPI and UART signals

Lempens

NetDevices Tahoe II

Post by Lempens »

Expensive product http://www.sytechdesigns.com/products.htm

I think you can do more and much more easy with a touchscreen and a PC
Niknik

NetDevices Tahoe II

Post by Niknik »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Lempens</i>
<br />Expensive product http://www.sytechdesigns.com/products.htm

I think you can do more and much more easy with a touchscreen and a PC
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Those are different things... I definitely agree we can use a low cost netbook for lots of stuff, but there are still things that are best done with (or suited for) an embedded system.

Return to “Announcements & News Forum”