Gira Homeserver interface

Forum to Introduce Home Automation Domotica related hardware here.....
Post-IT

Post by Post-IT »

Because I want to base my Homeseer touchscreen on the Gira interface I've been searching for example materials for some time now. Unfortunately I only found manuals and product folders with medium resolution pictures.

On the dutch tradeshow a few weeks back I recorded a short movie of the Gira Homeserver interaction on the large touchscreen.

[youtube]TBsksiG_shE[/youtube]

After publishing it, I suddenly found new material with a high-resolution video of the interface. Just posted a few days back:

[youtube]OK_jpGlrXNE[/youtube]
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Looks good, the video starts with "The new Gira interface" ,can you tell how we can interface with it, has it an open protocol etc ?

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">Pieter Knuvers
http://www.bwired.nl <i>Online House in the netherlands. Domotica, Home Automation.</i></font id="size1">
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

Great, this how my interface should look like. Robin, can you provide us with graphics looking alike? The only thing I am wondering is how do they dim the light, is this a slider or do the have another mechanism. I prefer not to use a slider.

Rene.
Bastiaan

Post by Bastiaan »

They use a popup window for additonal settings like dimming.
(visible in first clip)
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Snelvuur »

i've search for the icons etc too, but never found it all.. i dont even know if you can just "take them" from a current installation.

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Post-IT

Post by Post-IT »

I just recorded and posted the first video, the second one I just found after posting mine.

The GIRA system is as far as I know a closed system for the GIRA KNX system. The Homeserver itself is around 2100 EUR, and the 15" touchscreen around 3300 EUR.

More information about the GIRA system can be found on the GIRA website. This is what I could find about the touchscreen:
The ServerClient 15 enables quick access to the Gira HomeServer or the Gira FacilityServer, and therefore functions as the central monitoring and control unit for all of the building technology. All functions and services of the Gira Server can be utilised.
The flush-mounted box is provided with the mounting frame for the Touch PC and design plate, which contains two loudspeakers and a temperature-controlled fan.
Operation is conveniently carried out via a 15" colour touch display with a resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels and a colour intensity of 24 bits.
The touch surface is based on an analogue-resistive process.
Windows XP embedded serves as the operating system.
The touch PC can be ordered from Pro-face under the Article No. PS3711A-T41-512-XPEMB-ML.

@Rene: About the icons, I will be making new icons based on the GIRA ones. I don't think it will be a lot of work because they are monochrome and 2D. The slider is not a slider as you would expect (iPhone like). When the slider popup is up, you have to touch somewhere on the slider to move it. It does not really "slide". Making the transparent pop-up for detailed configuration or settings will be the hard part in HStouch.
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

Hi Arnout,

I am not using HSTouch but do everything in javascript/ajax. Making a popup transparant is no problem (just using css). However, I was wondering whether or not they were using sliders. My experience is that sliders do not work that well on a touch screen. I do not use them myself.

Rene.
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

I have created some new screens in HST with popup screens for additional settings like dimming. Same what Gira is doing
This works very efficient and gives a clear view

The new touchscreen interface from Hager looks also great.

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">Enver Tanriverdi
http://www.tane.nl/</font id="size1">
evja78

Post by evja78 »

I found the Gira interface to be the best looking so far, and have created a Gira rip off in Mainlobby. It seems to complicated to do in HS touch as there are several overlays required and a lot of control rules for just the interface. I do have a set of black and white icons available in jpg. The gira detail screen for controlling a device is an overlay which has buttons for + and - to dim and on and off. There is a gauge showing the value. Works perfectly and much better than slider on the touchscreen. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures on the forum I can show some screenshots. Visitors are always very impressed with this interface, and the wife finds her way around it easily as well.
Last edited by evja78 on Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

It is easy to upload pictures. Just use the reply to topic link at the top of this thread, instead of the quick reply option at the bottom.

Rene.
evja78

Post by evja78 »

Thanks Rene, its easy once you know how.... [:)]

Here are a copuple of screenshots

The layout of the screen with the 3 main areas gives you alot of flexibility in presenting data and also to check several items with a single look at the screen. In certain cases it works better to combine the split window on the right into one, as per example below.

Regs, Evja
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Rene »

Looks very good. Enough inspiration to implement in my own touch screen interface.

Rene.
Esteban
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Esteban »

Looks great evja, lots of nice stuff implemented!

@Post-IT: I've been liking the look of the gira interface for a while so i've collected some stuff over time, I went through my folder
of interface images, and here is the only close to full res screenshot
I have of the Gira interface. Maybe its helpful for somebody for a tracing or something like that.

Dickr43

Post by Dickr43 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by evja78</i>
<br /> I do have a set of black and white icons available in jpg.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

It would be great if you could post your icons here. Design looks great, will have a go at this in HS Touch...
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Snelvuur »

http://media.gira.de/en/bildersuche/ind ... 9fc5e0d6be

has some pictures too, some smaller..

// Erik (binkey.nl)

Return to “Announcements & News Forum”