Honeywell EvoHome

Forum to Introduce Home Automation Domotica related hardware here.....
phoenixb
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Honeywell EvoHome

Post by phoenixb »

Hi,

I have see on the VSK here in the Netherlands that Honeywell have a new Zone control by RF -> link

Now is the experience that the RF protocol of Honeywell not so easy is to use for HS for control the central heating (CV radiatoren).
(Danfoss have also a zone control system link

But have someone some experience with this product?

Grtz,

Re: Honeywell EvoHome

Post by r_255 »

I got one and even dissected it.... do a search on the evotouch or evo touch here on the forum.

What do you want to know ?
phoenixb
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by phoenixb »

I see now the other name for the Evo home to search on it.

But what i whant to knows if its possible to connect it to HS, but i'm first reading that topic ;-)
Grtz,

Post by r_255 »

Well it should be possible and i dont have the knowledgement of how to.....

It sure would be easier if honeywell would open up the device with some kind of programm to controll it.
Then we could snif the usb and see what they send over usb and simulate that by running small exe files.

Evohome probebly gonna be a whole line of product i have read that they want to update the software with stuff like weather forcast and other widget like things..
and even building control ( what ever that might be ) so there must be some kind of interaction between a pc/network wich gives me hope.

I really wonder if there isnt any one arround that could help on the atmel at91sam.. ? as thats the pumping hart of the evo touch as the device is called. If only we knew what it is running and in what language its software was developed....
I am still looking online to find some tools to make a rom dump to see, but also waiting for the charger to be delivered.

1st impression is a nice multizone controller that is easy to use and set.

Return to “Announcements & News Forum”