How to turn iPad in AMX panel?

Forum to Introduce Home Automation Domotica related hardware here.....
korso
Starting Member
Starting Member

How to turn iPad in AMX panel?

Post by korso »

I looked different app, and found a very interesting solution:

iRidium mobile http://www.iridiummobile.net
link to appstrore - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iridium/id354976809?mt=8

information from their web site:

iRidium transforms iPad / iPhone / iPod into the “native” AMX system control panel.

iRidium allows you to operate such subsystems as: lighting, heating, climate control, video-surveillance, security, audio-video, multimedia-server.

Also iRidium allows you to use an existing design created for AMX panels. This design will be loaded on iPad / iPhone / iPod and you can immediately operate your home automation system after that.

At the same time all AMX panels functions and capabilities (such as dynamic elements, animation, translucency, sound, video output) are available. In addition, all Multi-touch screen iPad pluses are added!

Thus, if you already have an AMX panel for your home automation system controlling, it would take no more than 10 minutes to turn iPad into a similar panel. At the same time functional and interface of the new panel will be the same as an AMX panel has.
AMX system is controlled via Wi-Fi, 3G, GPRS.
Capabilities of a new version iRidium for AMX and iPad / iPhone / iPod:
- Support of XBMC media-server
- Support of video in JPEG, MJPEG formats
- Support of graphical interfaces, dynamic control elements, animation, translucency
- Support of additional equipment operating (Kramer, GlobalCache, KeyDigital, Extron, IRTrans, etc.)

On their site installers can take a free version for testing
I now test and soon I will give feedback
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: How to turn iPad in AMX panel?

Post by Snelvuur »

let us know the feedback, unless your the owner/marketeer..
// Erik (binkey.nl)
Nielsy
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: How to turn iPad in AMX panel?

Post by Nielsy »

Iridium works on a Iphone and Ipad. Both tested.
But Touchpanelcontrol is better but also expensiver.
look at www.touchpanelcontrol.com only for a license you must buy it though a AMX dealer.

There a some bug in iRidium but a good support team, there is now a new update/version how is much better then the first.
Now more fonts are avaible and also dynamic images are supported ( camera's ect ).
If you ask what is the best I'll say TPControl, it's offical supported by AMX and also a AMX partner. but the price of Iridium is much better.

Return to “Announcements & News Forum”