Automated coffee

Forum to Introduce Home Automation Domotica related hardware here.....
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Automated coffee

Post by Snelvuur »

MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Automated coffee

Post by MindBender »

That's a Nespresso machine, so remote controling and web enabling it is useless because it still needs a user to put in a Nespresso cup and there's no way to change the recipe.
Besides that, it's not the first one. The very first one was this one: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/coffee/qsf/coffee.html. And it's already years ago since Jura made an internet (ethernet) adaptor for their F80, which <b>was</b> capable of monitoring the machine's status and changing recipes: The amount of coffee (in gramms), the amount of water (in ml) and the temperature could be set. I believe even the pressure and the granunlarity of the coffee could be set. People could publishe and easily exchange their recipes, but the steep price eventually made the project fail.
I've bought myself a Saeco (Italian, because what do the Swiss know about coffee?!) Primea Touch Plus http://www.saeco-primea.com/. I still hope to web enable it some day, but for I'd rather not void the warranty because it's Italian after all ;-)
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Automated coffee

Post by Bwired »

I'm thinking about opening up my brand new Nespresso machine, my 3rd already, the don't last that long :-(
After seeing this Krups/Nespresso (whatever) machine I started thinking again! My last Nespresso was not easy to open, but this new one (the Cube) gives me more possibilities, because it is not that compact anymore. If you do it, you have to do it good and put a wireless device in it! Otherwise my girlys get stuck in all the cables hanging out :-)
Thank Erik for this enjoyable topic!
regards
Pieter
MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Automated coffee

Post by MindBender »

Or you can put in a Ethernet-over-mains adaptor... Keep us posted Pieter!
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Automated coffee

Post by Snelvuur »

The only thing i'am thinking off is how to get the door to open with camera and then connected to the home automation system. That topic is still one very though one. So this seemed like an easy idea, although i dont drink any coffee. (same goes for beer) dont ask me why.

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Automated coffee

Post by Bwired »

If I want only status from the coffee machine, and I think I do, a Xanura module would like the PIOX15 or the SAIX will also do.
BTW Erik I can't follow you on the above answer?
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Automated coffee

Post by Snelvuur »

well it was just an open answer, you know the topics we had for opening your door of your home from outside or from a button, or to use a magnetic strip to open the door etc.. i know other topic. But thats the only thing i cant think of "how" to complete at the moment.

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Automated coffee

Post by Bwired »

OK I thought you where talking about that, but was not sure!
It's almost certain now that I get an automatic door lock from Nemef in my front door which I can connect to my Home automation system.
I have heard that in the newest version there will also be RFID. I think I get the latest version :-)
Keep you posted about this!
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Automated coffee

Post by Snelvuur »

I like the siemens (from the gigaset phone) option, but i dont know how the door is opened, what is used for that (electric orso?) cant seem to find that on the net.

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Automated coffee

Post by Bwired »

As far as I can see it's not in the package and also not option. You have to buy another brand of lock and combine the two. The Nemef lock for example fits on the Siemens set. But again I think most of them will!
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Automated coffee

Post by Snelvuur »

I can always wait till you tried it out ;) the house is still targeted on end of 2008. But i just cant sit still.. :)

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Automated coffee

Post by Bwired »

Know the feeling :-)

Return to “Announcements & News Forum”