AXA Remote Ventilation RV2900, Window opener

Forum to Introduce Home Automation Domotica related hardware here.....
Henk

Post by Henk »

Thanks for your suggestions ... but replacing the IR circuit is not that easy .... it is coded IR so very hard to crack so you will need the AXA remote control

Henk
Fantic

Post by Fantic »

Maybe this type of solutions is just what the IPPower is made for?

Regards, Maarten.
Never let a computer know you're in a hurry.
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Nope thats no possible, the IR-cirquit is integrated in the "overload" of the motor to detect the full open of close position of the window. There are no switches for and it stop the motor by a obstruction.

By the way, i have it working with a Marmitek SW10, two Smitt relais and placed the IR led in the housing of the AXA. The remote is placed on the wall, for local operation.
Fantic

Post by Fantic »

Not really what I meant, I meant using the IPPower for controlling the remote buttons. This instead of ZAX or SW10 and separate relais.

Regards, Maarten.
Never let a computer know you're in a hurry.
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TANE »

I don't know any thing about coded IR.
Is it possible to capture the code using Irtrans or any other remote like Pronto?
Henk

Post by Henk »

Rebel/Maarten

Did you remove the 4 AA batteries and replaced is by an external power supply ... if so what voltage and the central pin/bus of the connector has the plus voltage ?

Henk
LostDreamer

Post by LostDreamer »

Does anyone know to what range this remote is working?
ie. If i solder wires to the remote, and hang the remote on 1 side of the room, can it still operate the window +/- 6 meter from there?

ps. Perhaps handy for someone:
I'm using the VM110 / K8055 from velleman.be (which has 8 dig outputs) to controll a few remotes that use secure IR.
The card costs +/- 50 euro's and has 8 dig outputs, 5 inputs, 2 analoge inputs and 2 analoge outputs (0-5 V).

Don't know what kind of relais others are using, but I think this is one of the cheaper ones out there....
Irritanterik

Re: AXA Remote Ventilation RV2900, Window opener

Post by Irritanterik »

Just found this short press release: http://expomatch.bouwbeurs.nl/exhibitor/News/12362 (or search for AXA on bouwbeurs.nl)

Nu ook bedienbaar via:
- smartphone
- tablet
- PC
- een vaste wandknop
Anyone planning a visit to this bouwbeurs? Sounds like interfacing with a AXA Remote will be supported!
HP t5630w with Homeseer 2 > Will migrate to Homey | RFXLAN | IRTrans | Opentherm Gateway | ITHO ECO-FAN integration | Harrison Curtain | Z-wave
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I currently own two "AXA Remote 2.0" modules these are both equipped with there own remote

I`m currently pending on a solution on how to remotely control these (I will start testing with my logitech 525 or 900)

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/expo ... /43070.pdf
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
wjdevisser
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by wjdevisser »

The infra-red signal of the remote control is aes256 encripted. A much easier way of operating the window device is by putting a signal in one of the two connection ports.

The Axa Remote 2.0 is equipped with two RJ25 connection ports. This makes it possible to operate your window from distance by computer or home-automation-system. Possible commands are: open / close / stop. Also the status of the window can be requested (window is opened / closed). Also an adapter can be fitted in the port (as alternative to batteries).

The RJ25 connection has 6 wires/contacts, the wires have the following function:
• Port 1: +
• Port 2: -
• Port 3: Data
• Port 4: Data
• Port 5: -
• Port 6 +
The cord is symmetrical, so it does not matter how the plug on the cable is placed.
Contact 1, 2, 5 and 6 are for supplying power to the Remote window device (5-10 volts) .
Wire 3 and 4 are identical, and meant for data transfer in the two directions.

Example: control window-unit by computer:

What do you need for computer control:
1. Computer with USB port
2. Software program like HyperTerminal (or similar programs Freeware), Data transfer: 19200 BPS, 8 data bit
3. Connection cable consisting of: USB to UART TTL Cable + print with a TTL converter LIN (Microchip MCP 2003)+ 2x Resistor 3K3 (3300 ohm) serial connected on chip + RJ25 cable connector
4. To apply the UART-USB cable, you need a driver
5. AXA Remote 2.0 Window device
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Hi,

Can I also use this for windows of approx. 120 x 120 cm, so-called "kiep/kantel ramen" with the hinge (scharnier) @ the bottom ?
And if I understand correctly, if I can get a TTL signal near the AXA remote, all I need to connect to the RJ25 connector is a MCP2003 + some resistors?
MCP203 is available in DIP so that should be doable ;)
Cause the only acceptable solution for me would be to do this wireless (Wifi, cause I don't have a computer within 5m (USB) range of the windows...)
GertK

Post by GertK »

I asked AXA and got a PDF with information. Can someone help me to post it here ?
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Here is the Axa Remote 2.0 Domotica connect manual
http://files.domoticaforum.eu/index.php?cam=/Axa
Thanks to GertK and Axa :)
Irritanterik

Post by Irritanterik »

Thank Axa for sharing this documentation! This looks workable.
Fortunately I can easily get cables near my window.
HP t5630w with Homeseer 2 > Will migrate to Homey | RFXLAN | IRTrans | Opentherm Gateway | ITHO ECO-FAN integration | Harrison Curtain | Z-wave
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I just found this topic again and want to do something with it. However i`m not yet understanding what i need to order to get it to work. I have two of these units in the living room.

Can somebody tell me what i need to order?

- USB to TTL converter ? http://link.marktplaats.nl/693684955
- Resistors 3K3 (I have them in stock)
- RS25 converter board with Microchip MCP 2003 (where to buy?)
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s

Return to “Announcements & News Forum”