bird and cat scare

Forum to Introduce Home Automation Domotica related hardware here.....
Henk

bird and cat scare

Post by Henk »

In case the Dutch forum members wanted to increase their garden gadget index and keep the domotica freak status in the neighborhood ... pls check your local Hornbach hardware store. (at least the Utrecht store) On sale (koopjeshoek) is this garden device just a PIR (movement detector) - connected to a watersprinkler . so cats and birds (#@$#$#@ reigers) will get a full burst of water ....... original price Euro 40 now Euro 26.

Of course you can build it by yourself ...... take a MS13 pir sensor (Euro 26) get a X10 module (euro 25) - get an old washing machine water valve ..... and a lot of seal stuff in order to protect it ...and spend an afternoon of fitting it all together ...
This one is safe it works with two AA batteries need replacement every six months - and depends on the amount of attacks.

May be there is a way a way to interface it to yr system anyway ...... (Visonic NC sensor ??) so you can count the number of daily cat attacks in yr garden ...and see the effect of this device day after day .... Another way is to fit in line a water meter and read the number of liters ....

Henk
DJF3
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

bird and cat scare

Post by DJF3 »

Sounds nice! Unfortunately I love standing in my garden, taking the hose and spend 10 minutes spraying the garden, my neighbour and the cats myself ;-)

I like the cat idea.. They always come into my garden and do what they should be doing on a toilet ;-)

DJ
Han

bird and cat scare

Post by Han »

Hi,
I have a DIY "poesdouche" (cat shower). And I can tell you it works. After some time you don't have to power the unit anymore. The cat recognizes the unit and will not come into it's neighbourhood anymore.

Han Alink

Return to “Announcements & News Forum”