Finger print reader

Forum to Introduce Home Automation Domotica related hardware here.....
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Finger print reader

Post by Snelvuur »

http://www.smarttouchstore.com/GDO_B1_p/90000000101.htm

130 dollar.

The Master Lock smartTOUCH™ garage door opener is the world’s first universal finger-activated garage door opener, replacing traditional keypads and keys with advanced finger -activated technology. Providing a more convenient alternative to carrying keys or remembering pin codes, a simple swipe of your finger will open/close your garage door. The product provides a homeowner the flexibility of enrolling up to 20 individual users, with the ability to add/delete or change user profiles in 3 simple steps. The Master Lock smartTOUCH™ garage door opener is a wireless, add-on product that is simple to install and easy to operate. The product works seamlessly with any manufacturer opener out of the box and comes with a relay unit that couples as an indoor wall control, along with unique handheld programmer, that prompts the homeowner with easy step by step set up instructions. The whole family can enjoy the benefits of the Master Lock smartTOUCH™ GDO, a product so SMART it recognizes you.

// Erik (binkey.nl)
DJF3
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Finger print reader

Post by DJF3 »

Has anyone deployed such a fingerprint lock? I'm thinking about getting something like that for my shed in the garden.

The easiest way would be to deploy a fingerprint lock that uses the existing lock. Don't think this lock can do that.

Any ideas?
MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Finger print reader

Post by MindBender »

I don't trust this technology enough to guard my house because the number of polynomes matched is still very small. For a shed it's different, but I doubt if it will get an accurate reading after a day of gardening with your hands covered in dirt...
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Finger print reader

Post by Willem4ever »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MindBender</i>
<br />I don't trust this technology enough to guard my house because the number of polynomes matched is still very small. For a shed it's different, but I doubt if it will get an accurate reading after a day of gardening with your hands covered in dirt...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

agreed, check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA4Xx5Noxyo

Return to “Announcements & News Forum”