X10 Transmit buffer

Forum to Introduce Home Automation Domotica related hardware here.....
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

X10 Transmit buffer

Post by Bwired »

The X10 Transmit Buffer (XTB) has been designed to improve the reliability of X10 automation systems. The XTB simply plugs between any X10 control module and the wall socket, and will amplify the 120KHz X10 signals generated by that module. The XTB has a 6-watt transformer power supply, and is capable of generating a much stronger X10 signal than other X10 transmitters with inexpensive transformer less supplies. Depending on line characteristics, its high-power FET driver can output over 20Vpp at 120KHz onto the AC line. The XTB also includes an amplifier to boost low-level X10 return signals. While originally designed to augment the TW523 or PSC05, the XTB can also be used with other X10 signal sources such as the CM11A, RR501 RF link, or Maxi-Controller.

A single XTB located a short run from the main distribution panel should provide strong X10 signal levels throughout houses in excess of 5000 square feet. An inexpensive passive coupler should be installed near the distribution panel to propagate strong X10 signals to the other phase when both phases are used for X10 control. An active repeater or multiple amplifiers spread throughout the house should not be necessary, and may not work as well. A side benefit is that some of the quirks associated with a repeater are eliminated. For example, after replacing our Leviton 6201 repeater with the XTB, our Ocelot is now capable of micro-dimming standard X10 lamp modules to achieve a very gradual dimming effect.
<b>Download Attachment:</b> [img]images/icon_paperclip.gif[/img] x10transmit.jpg

http://jeffvolp.home.att.net/xtb_files.htm

Pieter Knuvers
www.bwired.nl Online House in the netherlands. Domotica, Home Automation.
MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

X10 Transmit buffer

Post by MindBender »

So you've got yourself an X-10 screamer? Sounds useful! What does it cost and where do we get one?
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

X10 Transmit buffer

Post by Bwired »

No, I wish I had!
The link to site was not set right!
I have corrected the link, all the info for building the device is on the site!
Regards Pieter
MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

X10 Transmit buffer

Post by MindBender »

The XTB-II is available. It features TW523 emulation, so it can be used as a two-way interface, yet a very loud one. I want one! Anybody interested in sharing the shiping costs?
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

X10 Transmit buffer

Post by Bwired »

I'll pass this time, still not sure about the device and I have a lot of other stuff on my wish list!
Thanks

Return to “Announcements & News Forum”