Garage door opener

Forum to Introduce Home Automation Domotica related hardware here.....
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Garage door opener

Post by Digit »

Something i did last weekend was installing a garage door opener, with a high WAF:

After:

All i have to do now is tweak this remote:

Dowser

Garage door opener

Post by Dowser »

It shouldn't be any problem to tweak SW1&2, but are you sure that there isn't any other inputs on the main part?

(Btw, nice touch to have the screws mounted like that during transport!)

//Markus
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Garage door opener

Post by Snelvuur »

All you need now is also something to verify its closed, unless your sure you are around with that.

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Dowser

Garage door opener

Post by Dowser »

A simple reed-switch would solve that.
I know that I have seen a really nice implementation of that a few years ago, but I didn't bookmark it, but Google is your friend. :)

But don't forget that you now will have a remote operated door, with the possibility to harm children and animals.
Make sure that the setup you have now will stop and revert if it hits something or fit it with some sort of safety-device.

//Markus
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Garage door opener

Post by Snelvuur »

Was the garage door not a part of scary movie? Where the cubby girl gets stuck in the cat flap of the garage, and then they open the door.

How are you going to open the garage door then? I know you use the remote for x10 , so you have a second remote or use some sort of communication towards the "opened" remote?

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Garage door opener

Post by Digit »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dowser</i>
<br />are you sure that there isn't any other inputs on the main part?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Hmmm, i only had a very quick look, maybe it's good to check if i didn't overlook something.
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Garage door opener

Post by Digit »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by snelvuur</i>
<br />All you need now is also something to verify its closed, unless your sure you are around with that.
Yep i know, the sensor (Visonic) is laying here in front of me. Next weekend.. ;-)
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Garage door opener

Post by Digit »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dowser</i>
<br />
But don't forget that you now will have a remote operated door, with the possibility to harm children and animals.
Make sure that the setup you have now will stop and revert if it hits something or fit it with some sort of safety-device.

You're right, one of the things you have to learn this door opener the moment it's operational, is the maximum force it may use, as a safety measure.

Return to “Announcements & News Forum”