LOXX Electronic Doorlock

Forum to Introduce Home Automation Domotica related hardware here.....
Esteban
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

LOXX Electronic Doorlock

Post by Esteban »

712.81 including VAT and that's just the introductory price. It's a shame the pricing didn't turn out more competitive... Some of the options are cool though and I like the fobs with key integrated.

<b>@Snelvuur:</b> As far as I understood it the Bluetooth option gives you the ability to use your phone as a keypad. You get within range and enter a code on your phone to open the door. So using that the door opening when you're on the toilet, wouldn't be a problem.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

LOXX Electronic Doorlock

Post by Bwired »

Thats the price with an additional Bluetooth module
The standard LOXX 1 Doorlock is 415 Euro (incl VAT)
below is what you get for it.

You can check this price at: http://www.loxx.nl/NL/downloads/LoXX_A4.pdf
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

LOXX Electronic Doorlock

Post by TANE »

Price maybe high...but when I compare to my current system what also cost me 325 euro..
This is a good looking system with loot of extra options. like the BT module

The only missing thing for me is a good working domotica interface.
They are working on this..:)
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

LOXX Electronic Doorlock

Post by Bwired »

According to plan the Domotica Home Automation interface will be available for sale in febr-2009
Esteban
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

LOXX Electronic Doorlock

Post by Esteban »

Hi guys,

@Bwired: Any News on the price including the HA interface? The price of the 'basis' unit is lower and fairly priced if a keyfob is just what you need. But of course for HA you want some way to interface with it. I suppose it will be similarly priced to the BT add-on?

@Chak: I agree, the options are great and diverse... Maybe they'll convince me nov 20th. ;)

Ciao,
Esteban
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

LOXX Electronic Doorlock

Post by Bwired »

No Price yet available, perhaps we can get an indication on the 20 november.
I visited LOXX a couple of months ago helping them with HA interface.
http://www.bwired.nl/weblog.asp?id=248 (Dutch)
Henk

LOXX Electronic Doorlock

Post by Henk »

It is easy to make an HA interface if needed and you can't wait till the HA interface is available. A standard remote control can be easily modified - take the printed circuit - remove the click membrane and solder two wires at the contacts.
Making a short contact (less than one second) will open the lock/door - closing the contact for three seconds will close the lock (nachtschoot). Keep the wires short the remote controle is not designed to be connected with long wires. It is also possible to install close to the door a push wallswitch - so using this as a remote control to open the door when leaving or closing the door.
Try to prevent that this switch is accessible from externally thru the mail-delivery opening.

This modification is working well ....so far i did two installations and implemented a number of applications (based on Home Control Box) like remote opening the door by either telephone or Internet. In case of personal alarm (care applications) will release the door when assistance need access to the house, (pressing 3 times the doorbel) . Closing (nachtschoot) the door during nighttime and being away or on holidays. Also opening the door on smoke alarm is an option to consider. (although risky in case of a false alarm).

You may add a feedback switch inside so it will be activated when the lock is closed (sensor of the "nachtschoot" positioning)

Compare with the ABUS system the Loxx is much nicer / better look and it will have an interface. Also with the door sensor the lock will release itself and automated self closure.
The trick to modify an ABUS remote control may work but just a hard solder job.
Also be aware with both systems you have to replace the cilinder-lock - this is an extra cost with the Abus lock plus including extra remote control.

Also be aware you will get a second door open sensor - (asumming you have already a door sensor either for the alarm system or status of the door)

Henk.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

LOXX Electronic Doorlock

Post by Bwired »

Hi Henk, glad to have you back on the Forum.
But you need a device which can make a less then 1 second and a 3 second pulse. With the Home Control Box or a PLC device you can do this.
For most this is the hard part or to much hassle.
But as you know Loxx is developing the new HA control device as we speak, so I wait for that :-)
Henk

LOXX Electronic Doorlock

Post by Henk »

Hi Pieter,

I was never away :-) but just quiet ..... yes i know the new interface will be available , but always wanted to experiment in an early stage ....and find out what is really needed or find new applications .....

But even with the upcoming LOXX interface whatever HA controller you are using it should be capable of closing an output (potential free contact) and release it ..... so same problem although the timing is may be more accurate and is easier to do with the LOXX interface. Although using the interface this will need at least two output channels. (close and open) In this case only one output channel.

I'm considerinbg another application for the LOXX device operating the central water valve in your home (closing in case of a water alarm/detection or being on holidays) ... you don't need any (costly) modification on the plumbing system - like installing a magnetic valve including all the electronic power/control ........... Same can be applied for the gas valve ....
So time for some experimenting and check how powerful the build-in LOXX motor will operate and if the water valve will be closed totally ... (did you open already the LOXX unit and got a look inside ?)

.....may be even redesign the upcoming interface to handle multi units in one interface controller !!

Henk
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

LOXX Electronic Doorlock

Post by TANE »

It will be always tricky to handle this.
beset is to have separated connectors.
1 for unlock
1 for lock
Time is than not so critical.

I like to unlock the door with my Visnoc keyfob..Visnoic PGM will send the unlock signal.
Lock can be done with basic x10
cvonken
Starting Member
Starting Member

LOXX Electronic Doorlock

Post by cvonken »

Do any of you Loxx beta testers have any new expierences to share? Is the lock reliable so far? Thanks.
Post-IT

LOXX Electronic Doorlock

Post by Post-IT »

Iemand al een Loxx in bezit? Ik ben wel benieuwd of ik spijt moet krijgen van m'n Abus aankoop... Ik zie alleen nog geen wired interface met de Loxx, dat is iets wat me met de Abus wel rust geeft.
Esteban
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

LOXX Electronic Doorlock

Post by Esteban »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Post-IT</i>
<br />Iemand al een Loxx in bezit? Ik ben wel benieuwd of ik spijt moet krijgen van m'n Abus aankoop... Ik zie alleen nog geen wired interface met de Loxx, dat is iets wat me met de Abus wel rust geeft.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Looks like you made the right choice ;) (Based on what I've heard from Abus-owners, what I've seen of the Loxx at the domoticabeurs last november and heard from others.)

Another brand you could have chosen is NEMEF, which offers a (meerpunts) locking system that is a solid and robust solution according to some people here. But that system has a totally different price-tag.

As for the domotica interface for the LOXX, that should be made available as we speak or soon.

Ciao,
Esteban
Post-IT

LOXX Electronic Doorlock

Post by Post-IT »

Sounds like the Abus is better than the Loxx? The looks of the Loxx is much better, but I like the wired interface from Abus over the soldering options of the Loxx.

Are there any usage things to think about if I'd switch to Loxx? Less power, more troubles?
Esteban
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

LOXX Electronic Doorlock

Post by Esteban »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Post-IT</i>
Are there any usage things to think about if I'd switch to Loxx? Less power, more troubles?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
The knob (LOXX) to open the door is pretty small and sturdy (stroef) to turn and has no real grip (te glad) (even more with clammy hands). A child or weak girlfriend/wife could have problems opening it manually in case of emergency.

On the flipside, one of the things the LOXX has going for it is the looks (especially the remotes with the key it them) and it has the SKG seal.

Return to “Announcements & News Forum”