Miele @ Home

Forum to Introduce Home Automation Domotica related hardware here.....
DJF3
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Miele @ Home

Post by DJF3 »

Some interesting stuff I ran into:

<b>Miele@Home</b>
This technology allows household equipment to communicate with a 'base station' using powerline technology. It basically means your dishwasher, oven, refridgerator etc provide information and can be controlled.

Unfortunately only the German website has some information. The base station costs about 280 euros (XIC 2000). Haven't found any info on the exact features of this base station. Maybe you have heard some more about this product.

http://www.mieleathome.de/de/aktion/mieleathome/662.htm

Looks like Siemens also has a similar technology:
"In specialized shops you can buy home appliances with networking features called Siemens Serve@Home. We're talking about stoves, ovens, refridgerators, etc. Early April 2006 there will be an adapter for the Gigaset Home control. This enables control of Serve@home devices using a Siemens Gigaset phone.
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Miele @ Home

Post by Digit »

"Early April 2006"
That's 2 years ago... but still never heard of it yet...?
Dowser

Miele @ Home

Post by Dowser »

Really interesting!
Too bad that I have changed almost all household appliances the last 3-4 years, so that it will be a few years before I can switch to these. :)

//Markus
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Miele @ Home

Post by Digit »

I was just wondering what it will bring; switching on/off those devices? Getting information on power usage maybe? Current temperature in the fridge? Remaining time for the wash dryer to complete its program?
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Miele @ Home

Post by Digit »

And on top of that: none of these "systems" will be able to talk to another one. So to switch off my Siemens dryer i have to pick up my Siemens phone...At least, that's what i think that will happen.
And yes, i'm in a negative mood today [:(!]
LittleBit

Miele @ Home

Post by LittleBit »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DJF3-2</i>
Miele@Home; This technology allows household equipment to communicate with a 'base station' using powerline technology.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">If my memory is still OK,
this is based on the EHS protocol.
The EHS-protocol is, like the Batibus and EIB-protocol integrated to the KNX(Konnex)-protocol, which confirms to the europese standaard(Cenelec) EN50090 and international standard ISO/IEC 14543-3.)
So EHS no longer exists.
KNX is using several low level interfaces, like PLC, RF or wire-bus, although most devices are only available in the wire-bus-version.
All units are data-telegram compatible. So you can use an KNX-domotica-controller to communicate with a KNX-PLC washdisher.
And some of these KNX-controllers even support X10 also....

With best domotica regards,

Return to “Announcements & News Forum”