RFXcom binding for OpenHAB

Forum about OpenHAB open Source Home Automation.

Moderator: raymonvdm

raymonvdm

RFXcom binding for OpenHAB

Post by raymonvdm »

I`m trying to setup the RFXcom binding for OpenHAB but it is not working yet

The openhab.cfg

Code: Select all

################################ RFXCOM Binding #######################################
#
# Serial port of RFXCOM interface
# Valid values are e.g. COM1 for Windows and /dev/ttyS0 or /dev/ttyUSB0 for Linux
rfxcom:serialPort=COM9

# Set mode command for controller (optional)
# E.g. rfxcom:setMode=0D000000035300000C2F00000000 
#rfxcom:setMode=

The home.items file

Number Temperature_GF_Outdoor_OutdoorTemperature { RFXcom="<11266:Temperature" }
Number Temperature_GF_Outdoor_OutdoorHumidity { RFXcom="<11266:Humidity" }

The reception of a packet

19:33:36.228 DEBUG o.o.b.r.i.RFXComConnection[:143] - Data received:
Raw data = 0850021C2C0200AE79
 - Packet type = TEMPERATURE
 - Seq number = 28
 - Sub type = THC238_268_THN122_132_THWR288_THRN122_AW129_131
 - Id = 11266
 - Temperature = 17.400000000000002
 - Signal level = 7
 - Battery level = 9
19:33:42.867 DEBUG o.o.b.r.i.RFXComConnection[:143] - Data received:
Raw data = 0A52071DB80E00993A0169
 - Packet type = TEMPERATURE_HUMIDITY
 - Seq number = 29
 - Sub type = TFA_TS34C__CRESTA
 - Id = 47118
 - Temperature = 15.3
 - Humidity = 58
 - Humidity status = COMFORT
 - Signal level = 6
 - Battery level = 9
19:34:00.003 DEBUG o.o.m.r.i.e.ExecuteRuleJob[:53] - Executing scheduled rule 'Persistence Demo'

But nothing shows up on the webinterface
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
GertK

Re: RFXcom binding for OpenHAB

Post by GertK »

Raymon,

The Wiki page of the RFXCOM binding says:
TEMPERATUREHUMIDITY.TFA_TS34C__CRESTA Untested
But don't giveup before you tried the following:

1. Enhance your item declaration like the following (which is for my Oregon sensors)
Number Temperatuur_huiskamer "Temperatuur huiskamer [%.1f °C]" <temperature> (Huiskamer, Temperatuur,Ta) {rfxcom="<56833:Temperature"}
Number Vochtigheid_huiskamer "Vochtigheid huiskamer [%.0f%% RV]" <druppelblauw> (Huiskamer, Vochtigheid) {rfxcom="<56833:Humidity"}
As you see above, i defined:
a. The Itemtype Number
b. The Itemname Temperatuur_huiskamer
c. The description of the Item and the format "Temperatuur huiskamer [%.1f °C]" as used in the webinterface
d. The group to which the item belongs (Huiskamer, Temperatuur,Ta) You can use one or more groups to group items in your sitemap.
e. The binding information {rfxcom="<56833:Temperature"} This looks good in your example
Be sure to separate a..e with one or more spaces or tabs between each element.
2. Make sure your sitemap mentions at least one of the groups of your items.
If you use the demo sitemap, a usefull item could be:
Number Temperature_GF_Outdoor "OutdoorTemperature [%.1f °C]" (GF) { RFXcom="<11266:Temperature" }
Which should show the outdoor temperature in degrees Celcius with one decimal in the group groundfloor.

Please let us know if this helps. If not, we need to look further at the content of the sitemap.

Gert
GertK

Post by GertK »

After the previous post, I looked in the demo sitemap and saw that the groupname GF does not exist. Use Outdoor instead if you use the demo sitemap.
the item declaration would then be:
Number Temperature_GF_Outdoor "OutdoorTemperature [%.1f °C]" (Outdoor) { RFXcom="<11266:Temperature" }

Gert
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I`m trying to get things going but didn`t succeed yet

21:11:01.199 DEBUG o.o.m.i.i.GenericItemProvider[:408] - Couldn't find ItemFactory for item 'RFXcom' of type 'Temperature'
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
GertK

Post by GertK »

Sorry Raymon,
It should be rfxcom in lowercase. Does that solve your problem ?

Gert
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I think it did solve some issue but it it not working yet. I can see the items but no values :D

home.items

Group gOT		(All)

Number Temperature_gOT_Temp1		"Temperature1 [%.1f °C]"	<temperature>	(Temperature, gOT)
Number Temperature_gOT_Temp2		"Temperature2 [%.1f °C]"	<temperature>	(Temperature, gOT)

Number Temperature_gOT_OutdoorT "OutdoorTemperature [%.1f °C]" <temperature> (gOT) { RFXcom="<8452:Temperature" }
Number Temperature_gOT_OutdoorH "OutdoorHumidity [%.1f Percent]" <temperature> (gOT) { RFXcom="<8452:Humidity" }

- The strange A is caused by Wordpad
- After changing RFXcom to rfxcom it seems to be working now for Temperature but not yet for Humidity.
- I will add all my sensors to see if TFA is working (I have both TFA and Oregon)
GertK

Post by GertK »

Raymon,

If you write it like this:
Number Temperature_gOT_OutdoorH "OutdoorHumidity [%.1f%% RV]" <temperature> (gOT) { rfxcom="<8452:Humidity" }
Then the value should look like 42,1% RV. If not, can you show the actual output here ?
%% is a literal escape character followed by a percent sign, but the word percent should work as well.

Gert
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

This is my current setup and it seems to be working, next step recieving door sensors :D

Group All

Group gGF               (All)
Group gFF               (All)
Group gSF               (All)
Group gOT               (All)

Group Shutters  (All)
Group Weather   (All)
Group Status    (All)

Group GF_Entree         "Entree"                <video>         (gGF)
Group GF_Living         "Woonkamer"     <video>         (gGF)
Group GF_Kitchen2   "Bijkeuken"     <kitchen>   (gGF)

Group Asterisk          "Asterisk"              <Asterisk>              (Asterisk)

Group FF_Bath           "Badkamer"              <bath>          (gFF)
Group FF_Office         "Kantoor"               <office>        (gFF)
Group FF_Child          "Kleine Kamer"    <boy1>          (gFF)
Group FF_Bedroom        "Slaapkamer"    <bedroom>       (gFF)
Group FF_Corridor       "Overloop"              <corridor>      (gFF)

Group SF_Zolder         "Zolder"                <corridor>      (gSF)
Group SF_Bedroom        "Opslag"                <corridor>      (gSF)

/* Indoor Temperatures */

Number Temperature_GF_Living            "Temperature [%.1f °C]"        <temperature>   (Temperature, GF_Living) { rfxcom="<23822:Temperature" }
Number Temperature_GF_Kitchen2          "Temperature [%.1f °C]"        <temperature>   (Temperature, GF_Kitchen2)
Number Temperature_FF_Bath                      "Temperature [%.1f °C]"        <temperature>   (Temperature, FF_Bath) { rfxcom="<53774:Temperature" }
Number Temperature_FF_Office            "Temperature [%.1f °C]"        <temperature>   (Temperature, FF_Office) { rfxcom="<47118:Temperature" }
Number Temperature_FF_Child             "Temperature [%.1f °C]"        <temperature>   (Temperature, FF_Child) { rfxcom="<8452:Temperature" }
Number Temperature_FF_Bedroom   "Temperature [%.1f °C]"        <temperature>   (Temperature, FF_Bedroom){ rfxcom="<10766:Temperature" }
Number Temperature_SF_Zolder            "Temperature [%.1f °C]"        <temperature>   (Temperature, SF_Zolder){ rfxcom="<11266:Temperature" }
Number Temperature_gOT_OutdoorT "OutdoorTemperature [%.1f °C]" <temperature> (gOT) { rfxcom="<32014:Temperature" }
Number Temperature_gOT_OutdoorH "OutdoorHumidity [%.1f Percent]" <temperature> (gOT) { rfxcom="<32014:Humidity" }

raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Yesterday i made some progress on this and the temperature readings are working. I'm using habmin for the config but did not yet succeeded in reading a Kaku door contact

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
GertK

Post by GertK »

I use rfxmgr to find out the adress of the devices, then put it in openHAB items.

Gert
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I don`t know what to put in the item file when using a doorcontact. I see the reception of the device is fine (i have the node id)

Return to “OpenHAB Forum”