Homey on Kickstarter

On this Forum we can discuss interesting Kickstarter like smartthings and gadgets
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Homey on Kickstarter

Post by Phaeton »

jeroen_ wrote: I personally see Voice control as 'problematic', simply as recognizing accents/dialects in many languages will be extremely tricky. It will be 'solved' one day, but not in the short term, and also not in a way that you and I can use it in our own local setup; such a 'solution' will always remain "cloud based" simply because of the amount of money that can be earned by mining that kind of data unfortunately.

Having a cheap tablet in each room is a much easier way to do proper control, and is also wife-approved ;)
Agree, but I keep my hopes up. Also for Homey, I love the guys are trying.
groeten,
Harry
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

its 2 years back and still not good at all, They will most likely fail, like a lot of kickstarters (sadly) do.
Its taking them way too long and if it works (like voice) the Homey is way to slow.
http://www.bwired.nl Online Home, Domotica, Home Automation. Weblog. http://blog.bwired.nl
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

yes indeed , it is sadly to see the speed of progress is so slow, they can get help from a lot of people on their slack and fora but decided to keep everything very closed , i think they are afraid somebody will steel there idea's but that will kill them.
Henk_J

Post by Henk_J »

It took homeseer years to get a decent product. All other after that are still trying to get to the same level. This is the reason I didn't back this project. The thought of having a product which can do all in such a short time is Utopia. If it was easy others would already have done this in the past. Nice try but it will not work....
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

all the people disappointed in Homey are now ordering Neoo also a kickstarter domotica project. They can't wait for some user experiencev which is quite differnet from the promises made on websites made by kickstarter projects.
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Phaeton »

I backed both. Have to say, Homey was there faster. Neeo still no sign of delivery. I saw the remote work in Amsterdam so im not to worried. Just affraid they'll deliver in juli 2017 and are to late by then to have a good competitive position.
groeten,
Harry
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Homey hits Retail Shops

Post by labium »

Homey is now grown up but still a very young adult after a turbulent puberty.

it is the first Dutch kickstarter project hitting the retailshops, i real milestone for Athom b.v. , Dutch domotica and Holland.

https://tweakers.net/nieuws/117959/land ... erdag.html
LoveHomey
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by LoveHomey »

Home isnt much mentioned in this domotica forum , is that because they have their own forum and chat rooms
Last edited by LoveHomey on Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Right, would be wiser to have it here :-)
like plugwise, otgw etc

Return to “Kickstarter, Indiegogo and other crowdfunding related smartthings”