LoPy – the LoRa, WiFi and Bluetooth IoT development platform

On this Forum we can discuss interesting Kickstarter like smartthings and gadgets
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Could not resist :)
14659029927e5f77fdc5b785bda645b6_original.png
14659029927e5f77fdc5b785bda645b6_original.png (281.42 KiB) Viewed 10744 times
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... elopment-p

So, what are we saying? The LoRa, WiFi and BLE Micro controller and LoRa Nano gateway for enterprise grade connected Things. With the latest chipset the LoPy offers a perfect combination of power, friendliness and flexibility. Create and connect your things everywhere. Fast.

We have created a hardware platform with four times the memory of previous generation micro controllers, three wireless network types, a product that can act as a LoRa nano gateway allowing you to connect up to 100 LoPy's. Create your own little private network and become a neighbourhood hero! When used as a private nano gateway, it will connect your other LoRa devices up to 5km however expect up to 40km range (when in line of sight) when connecting your LoPy to a LoRa gateway of a network provider!

LoPy Benefits

★LoRa Nano gateway or just LoRa/WiFi/BLE device – you choose ★ MicroPython enabled, use "the Linux of IoT" to achieve speedy developments ★ super small and light to fit in any cavity★ Ever so low power to enable years of battery life so there’s no need for new nuclear power stations to run millions of LoPys ★ What’s more… With dozens of ready to use templates and much more added options, now you can create almost anything that comes to your mind. Combination of advanced content importers, different layouts, header styles, post types,… gives you a freedom and control you have never seen before. And you can do it all with the new Pymakr IDE.
Herbus

Re: LoPy – the LoRa, WiFi and Bluetooth IoT development platform

Post by Herbus »

Lora is a great development. Impressive spec's.
Herbus (Jos)
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I don`t understand how to use the thing yet but i Pledge for on device :D

I would like to learn more about LoRa so i also placed an order for an RFM95W / ADAPT_RFM95W to see if i can get an RPi up and running with it. I did not find any posts LoRa related on the forum yet?
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

received this kickstarter today!
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

recieved it the day before yesterday :D
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s

Return to “Kickstarter, Indiegogo and other crowdfunding related smartthings”