Software: modifications and extensions Toon

Forum about the tweaking of the Eneco Toon.

Moderator: marcelr

Re: Software: modifications and extensions Toon

Postby QuasaR » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:59 am

marcelr wrote:We're getting somewhere. Quby are supplying updates for packages that only exist on rooted toons. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Time to start playing around with more kernel modules, so they can support these as well ... :mrgreen:

This is the complete list of packages they supplied with the last update.

Code: Select all
base-qb2-ene_3.7.9-1067-0_qb2.ipk
ca-certificates_20160104-r0_all.ipk
firmware-ba_1.43_qb2.ipk
firmware-ma_1.94_qb2.ipk
happ-kpi_1.318-master_qb2.ipk
happ-pwrusage_1.561-ene-master_qb2.ipk
happ-scsync_1.213-ene-master_qb2.ipk
happ-smartplug_1.153-master_qb2.ipk
happ-thermstat_1.1117-ene-master_qb2.ipk
happ-weather_1.115-master_qb2.ipk
hcb-bxtproxy_1.133-master_qb2.ipk
hcb-config_1.283-master_qb2.ipk
hcb-netcon_1.288-master_qb2.ipk
hcb-rrd_2.140-master_qb2.ipk
hdrv-p1_1.609-ene-master_qb2.ipk
hdrv-zwave_1.905-master_qb2.ipk
libhcb-base_1.244-master_qb2.ipk
libhcb-boxtalk_1.108-master_qb2.ipk
libhcb-com_1.109-TN-master_qb2.ipk
libhcb-drv_1.304-master_qb2.ipk
libhcb-xml_1.95-master_qb2.ipk
qt-gui_1.6755-ene-release-ene-3.7_qb2.ipk
x11vnc_0.9.13-r2_qb2.ipk
QuasaR
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby Ierlandfan » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:49 pm

What needs to be changed to make x11vnc start happily?
Ierlandfan

Postby QuasaR » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:51 pm

Ierlandfan wrote:What needs to be changed to make x11vnc start happily?

Change x11vnc-bin to x11vnc in your scripts.
QuasaR
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby marcelr » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:15 pm

What needs to be changed to make x11vnc start happily?

It won't make a shred of difference, the only thing that's changed is that now v4l and v4l2 support is compiled into the binary. Since you don't have either of these supported in the kernel, it's just a waste of memory (and you already need every byte available).
Will post the bitbake recipe later today, so maybe it'll be fixed in their next release ;-).
marcelr

Postby Toonz » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:50 pm

marcelr wrote:Good job again, Toonz!

Is there a simple way to incorporate this into the existing graphs screen (by adding more tabs and/or tick boxes to the "stroom" and "gas" graphs)? Might save some memory, although this one in particular is not a large app, in terms of code size. Not sure how it works out in memory requirements.
My production toon with boiler status, buienradar and x11vnc has not a lot of memory left, and sometimes the qt-gui just overloads the memory usage to the extent that the gui gets killed and restarted (especially when using x11vnc).
I am not well versed in the internals of qml, but my guess would be that (using the right #pragma's) a lot of code can be forced to be loaded into memory just once.

BTW, enjoy your holiday.

Hi Marcel,

incorporating into the standard graph screens has some disadvantages, because it will be tied to a certain release and needs updating after each new firmware release (if they change the graph app). Secondly, my version has a 33% higher graph area to make it more easy to read temperatures (I made room by removing the top buttons of the original graph screen). I prefer to keep it stand-alone to be honest.

For the reasons you mentioned I haven't installed x11vnc of my production toon. On my devtoon I use x11vnc it frequently (not started on boot, just manually when needed) and in combination with qui-restarts with the console output redirection it gives stability issues rather quickly. I am therefor rebooting the dev toon regularly.
I will do some further work on the temparatureLogger app to minimize it's memory footprint and remove all unused elements from the AreaGraphMod.qml.
Will thoroughly test on boot Toons.

Regards,

Toonz
Toonz

Postby Toonz » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:41 pm

Hi all,

hereby the final version of the temperature logger app, good for daily use. Tested on two Toons for a couple of days without issues.
It shows a graph (via a tray icon) of the actual and programmed temperature of the last 24h.
This version is highly optimized, all unnecessary code (ahum , most at least :) ) is removed to minimize required space on disk as well as memory usage.

Changelog compared to the earlier beta version:
- no reading and writing of the 24 values anymore to a temporary file before and after each reading .
Full table is kept in ram only. Only disadvantage: when the qt gui restarts all data from the last 24h is lost but will be build-up again of course
- y-axis scale is now 12-28 degrees instead of 0-32 before, which makes it much more easier to read specific values
- javascript module simplified
- all unused elements/functions removed from the AreaGraphMod.qml
- temperatureLoggerApp.qml simplified significantly.

Hope you like it.

One possible future feature (if there is a need, just let me know):
- save the readings of the last 24h every day to a separate file for external usage.

Sample screenshot from my dev toon in the attic (without heating ;-) ):

temperatureLogger.png
temperatureLogger.png (63.83 KiB) Viewed 579 times
Attachments
Toon_temperatureLogger_V1.zip
(7.78 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
Toonz

Postby Toonz » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:27 am

Hi all,

small update on the Buienradar Rain tile on request of my family:
- added 10 minutes markers to make it easier to read the exact timing of predicted rain

NewRainTile.png
NewRainTile.png (8.28 KiB) Viewed 424 times

Regards,

Toonz
Attachments
ToonBuienradar_V7.1.zip
(28.78 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
Toonz

Postby klaphekje » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:38 pm

I am trying to use Toon as a interface for Domoticz. So far i have used the domoticz app posted earlier in this thread by adjego.
Because i use a reverse proxy to control domoticz i have added a baseurl option.

It works pretty well and its easy adjustable but its also very basic. I actually like to customize the standard control panel from Toon. cygnusx already has done this but i noticed he/she is not really active anymore.
The first step is to make the panel appear without any z-wave devices connected to Toon. After that i assume its possible to add buttons like the existing Domoticz app?

The problem is that i have no idea where to start...any help would be appreciated!

In the mean time i´ll just use this:
Attachments
domoticz.zip
(71.22 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
klaphekje
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby BrainHunt » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:15 pm

Hi Klaphekje,
I also am playing with using Toon as a dashboard for Domoticz. Maybe I can help but I am not sure what you are looking for. Can you describe your idea a bit further?
BrainHunt
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby klaphekje » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:44 am

Hi Brainhunt,

If you connect Z-wave devices directly to toon, a menu button appears on the left side of the screen like this:

I'd like to use that particulier menu to control my devices. However that menu only appears when there are devices connected directly to Toon.

What i'd like to do is to enable that menu and link those buttons to domoticz json url's.
klaphekje
Starting Member
Starting Member

Previous

Return to Eneco Toon as Domotica controller