marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Meter adapter (old), P1 and smart meter

Post by marcelr »

There are quite a few meter adapters.
Check out this post:

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=8743&start=260#p79033

(firmware versions have gone up in the meantime).

The main difference between older and newer ones is a more powerful microprocessor, combined with a newer type of zwave interface.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

you can check the version of your meteradapter in menu --> settings --> software.

If the meteradapter version shows 35/37 it is the old one and probably cannot be upgraded.
You need a newer one (version 35/39) probably.

Question is how to get one? Eneco subscribers can get it for free, otherwise Marktplaats?
member of the Toon Software Collective
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

Merged with a previous topic, same subject.

marcelr
michel30

Re: Hardware: Toon metering module, "meteradapter"

Post by michel30 »

Question,

I checked my software so you are saying when they placed an slimme meter I can not use my Toon with an P1 cable?

Software version 4.8.25
Firmware KetelModule 37
Firmware meteradapter 0.25/0.13
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

With that firmware on your meter adapter you should be fine.
lxz
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by lxz »

Toonz wrote:you can check the version of your meteradapter in menu --> settings --> software.

If the meteradapter version shows 35/37 it is the old one and probably cannot be upgraded.
You need a newer one (version 35/39) probably.

Question is how to get one? Eneco subscribers can get it for free, otherwise Marktplaats?
Yeah, was afraid of that. I Just called Eneco to subscribe for 1 month. As soon as I receive my customer number, they will send me a new adapter. Let's see how that works out
walberg

Post by walberg »

I have the version 35/39 so that should be compatible, I got today exactly 2 weeks ago the smart meter so I am now switched from the separate LCD sensors to the p1 connection. Tone indicates the connection is good 2 green finches but with the gas and power bars everything stays at zero. I look at the meter reading that is still the meter reading of the installation. In the meter menu the text meter is still being tuned.
globegrabber
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by globegrabber »

I think you should begin to remove the gas and electric sensor sensor en remove the meter module from the mains Then connect the P1 en put back the meter module back in the mains, try this at first to see if this should do the job, so that the Meter module restart and can initialize the new configuration.
If this not the case, then its time for the next step.
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

walberg wrote:I have the version 35/39 so that should be compatible,
I'm not sure about that. Depending on the meter's protocol, (DSMR 5.0 in modern meters) you may need the latest version of eneco's P1 adapter, with firmware 0.25/0.13. These adapters have a more powerful microprocessor (Cortex M3, as opposed to the ATMega micrcontrollers in earlier adapters).
EJanus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by EJanus »

Thanks to Marcelr, Toonz and others I have learned a lot about my Toon. But after weeks of reading and trial and error, I can't seem to solve this problem below.

I bought my Toon second-hand. The previous owner had 'Stadsverwarming' and Toon is set to 'Warmte'. But I use Gas to heat my home.

Now I want to see my Gas usage in Toon. I already have changed in config_happ_scsync.xml <GasDisplay>1</GasDisplay> and <HeatDisplay>0</HeatDisplay>. This enables te Gas graphs. But there is no value update to the Gas graphs. Gas remains at 0. The Power 'Stroom' meter works perfect. I reconnected the meteradapter with Toon
repeatedly. I even Updated the firmware of the meteradapter to 36/43 and Toon to 4.10.6

I have an Iskra 550AM smartmeter. The gas meter is connected correctly to this smartmeter (this I've checked multiple times) and the smartmeter is connected to the P1 port of the meteradapter.

Becaurse Toon can see my Power usage, but no Gas usage, i suspect that I have to change a different setting in Toon to change from 'Warmte' to Gas. But I can't find this setting. Can someone help me out?
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

Could you please post the product number of your meteradapter (starting with 6500-), and attach a zipped version of the file /usr/lib/opkg/status to that post?
I'm not entirely sure, but I think the meteradapters for heat are slightly different. And so is the firmware.
EJanus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by EJanus »

Sure! The number of the Meteradapter is 6500-1400-4900. Zipped status included.
Attachments
status.zip
status
(5.12 KiB) Downloaded 492 times
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

Hmmm ... there's a strong possibility that your meter adapter is either specific for recording heat, or it is just too old to work with a modern (DSMR4.0 or later) smart meter. My guess is that it's both. I haven't come across this adapter type yet, or its firmware version.
The firmware package is the same for all meter adapters, but it holds different firmwares for all types of adapters that have been around so far. Your firmware is the latest available.
Your meter (ISKRA AM550) is a fairly new model, so it probably implements the newer versions of the DSMR standard.

So, you will probably need a new(er) meter adapter (6500-1400-6000 or later).
Ierlandfan

Post by Ierlandfan »

This explains:

forum.eneco.nl/storingen-en-oplossingen ... n-nl-14026
Short version: You need a new meteradapter. I had the same problem when they installed a Gyr+ ("smart") meter. I my cases I still was subscribed to Eneco so thet send me a new one for free. I also have Solar panels but well, to make those work it would set me back some 99 euro's. I can figure out a way for less I think.
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

Ierlandfan wrote: I also have Solar panels but well, to make those work it would set me back some 99 euro's. I can figure out a way for less I think.
A bit off-topic, but if you happen to have an inverter with S0 output, you can connect your inverter with the meter adapter without the need for an extra kWh meter.

Return to “Toon Hardware”