Software: modifications and extensions Toon

Everything about software tools, new software development and toolchains. For developers, mostly.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Software: modifications and extensions Toon

Post by marcelr »

OK, Thanks.
f.lux for linux is only available as a set of binaries for x86 and x86-64 hardware. Won't work on toon ...
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

new version:

changelog:
- temperature on tile and last update date now using local formats (thanks Marcel)
- big icon on tile (day/night) now based on sunrise/sunset times from buienradar xml file.

I tried to read the selected station at start again but it gives bad results most of the time (to the extend that even the default location data is not shown).
Will need further testing myself first.
This version should be safe for daily use I guess.

Regards,

Toonz

EDIT: my source control is lousy. I noticed the actual buienradar images are not refreshed anymore in version 4.0.2beta (removed), was working fine in 4.0.1beta
4.0.3 currently being tested, will be posted later today (17/1)
Last edited by Toonz on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
member of the Toon Software Collective
komorebi
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by komorebi »

Also I've hacked my Toon and now I'm trying to make a modification in the GUI.
In the dimmed screen there is quite some unused space at the right bottom. It is where in the non-dimmed screen the 4 temperature buttons are located.
I think that space is just big enough to fit one widget.
I already found out that I can add something at the bottom of the file HCBv2\qml\apps\thermostat\ThermostatSidePanel.qml (around line 767), and that it then will appear in the dimmed screen at the right bottom position.
Now I tried this with just a simple Text item, but I'm a little stuck how to add an actual widget here.
It would be nice if I can add the buienradar app here. (Great work Toonz!)
Can someone maybe help me out a little?
Thanks!
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

komorebi wrote:It would be nice if I can add the buienradar app here. (Great work Toonz!)
Can someone maybe help me out a little?
Interesting idea, but you can't show the buienradar data in the non-dimmed state at that location.
If it is just the temperature and the icon in dimmed state then it can be done but you will need to copy/paste some of the buienradar app functionality into the thermostat app. Personally I prefer to keep the 'system' apps and the homebrew apps separated.

Regards,

Toonz
Ierlandfan

Post by Ierlandfan »

Attached is the boiler folder
Attachments
Toon.rar
boiler app
(42.17 KiB) Downloaded 477 times
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Thanks, I quickly checked the BoilerApp.qml, it doesn't contain/initialise a tile item at all, just a menu item and screens. Will try later this evening on my dev Toon.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Ierlandfan wrote:Attached is the boiler folder
Hi Ierland fan,

I only got this working on my dev toon which has firmware 3.6 (which is now my prod Toon on the wall haha).
It is an app called 'Ketelhulp' which informs you of any malfunction in the boiler.
It first tries to connect to Eneco to get a list of known boilers which fails of course (I believe you need a subscription for this functionality)
Probably best to write a new app to show data, eagerly awaiting for Marcelr's new app :-)

That leaves one question: on my now dev toon with firmware 3.1: can I reopen the vpn to Eneco and run the software update to 3.6 safely or do I need to go through the whole routing process again afterwards?

Regards,

Toon
Ierlandfan

Post by Ierlandfan »

You can uograde but on 3.6.3 ip_toon:10080/happ_thermstat?action=printTableInfo is not updating. You can uninstall the app and go back to a earlier one. It doesn't break anything.
Did you find any boiler logs in the rrd databases in /HCBv2/data/hcb_rrd/?
That's a yes.
I used MarcelR's (Edit: I just saw it was you post) rra -to-csv (unpublishd here I think, it's called hcb_rrd.php) to search through the rra files and found the names (and the values)
See attachment
Attachments
rra names
rra names
rra-to-csv.png (108.99 KiB) Viewed 11854 times
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

When the boiler data are part of the rrd databases, it should be fairly easy to add graphs of those data to the graphs screen. Everything that's shown there is taken from the rrd databases.
I used MarcelR's (Edit: I just saw it was you post) rra -to-csv (unpublishd here I think, it's called hcb_rrd.php) to search through the rra files and found the names (and the values)
IIRC that script is somewhere in the first thread about toon (the one with the 390+ posts ). Posted in december 2015, just after the publication of the rooting process. Go and take a look :-).
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

marcelr wrote: IIRC that script is somewhere in the first thread about toon (the one with the 390+ posts ). Posted in december 2015, just after the publication of the rooting process. Go and take a look :-).
Can't find it :? I would be grateful if you can upload it again. Thanks in advance.
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

This is really embarrasing, I started looking from the next page or so......Thanks
BTW: I also used the forum search function, but a search on "hcb_rrd" does not give the post above...
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

New (or old) buienradar release.
Apologies for my lousy version control. The earlier posted 4.0.2beta didn't refresh the actual radarimages anymore (4.0.1 was ok).
This has been fixed now in 4.0.3. No further functional changes, just this bug fix.

EDIT (marcelr): attachment removed, please get the latest version from the downloads section.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

All Graph functionality unlocked

Post by Toonz »

Something else while I was looking at the rrd data.

I found that you can actually use all the official tiles with graphs (populated with data from the rrd database).
You will need to edit the GraphApp.qml in apps/graph:

replace the following lines in the function init() , 3 or more times depending on your firmware version:

if (!globals.features["standalone"]) {

with

if (globals.features["standalone"]) {

This will fully unlock all reporting functionality including historical data etc per hour,day,week,month,year....... Magic!!!!!
The standard usage tiles are now alive, clicking them brings you to details screens, really nice.......
(no need for converting into CSV files anymore)

reboot the gui and enjoy :D :D

Regards,

Toonz
Last edited by Toonz on Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ierlandfan

Post by Ierlandfan »

That seems great (I can't test atm, I screwed up by trying out what dumpmeuk meant, ...again but deliberete this time, it factory resets Toon, so I lost port 22...dropbear still there)
Can you give an example?

Return to “Toon software development”