Software: modifications and extensions Toon

Everything about software tools, new software development and toolchains. For developers, mostly.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Software: modifications and extensions Toon

Post by TerrorSource »

Toonz wrote:Hi all,

'final' version on my app to control the two klikaanklikuit lights via domotics. Don't worry, no April 1st joke. :D

changelog:
- you can now click on the light icons on the tile as well to switch the lights on or off
- the new status of the lights is shown directly on the tiles as well as on the main screen.
Only the 'last seen' date-time on the main screen will be updated during the regular refresh cycle via domoticz every xx seconds (timer in DomoticzApp.qml)

Todo (at some time, not very soon):
- Implement a mechanism for Domoticz to trigger a screen refresh at Toon when lights are switched by Domoticz or the klikaanklikuit switches

Regards,

Toonz
I re-did this DomoticzLights to use more buttons/scene's now and it's refreshing the state from Domoticz but there are still a few things i would like to have in the script:
Retrieve "Status" and "Name" from a domoticz group for example

Already did this to the App:
- Got 4 switch buttons on the screen (left column)
- Got 4 scene/group buttons on the screen (right column)
- Removed LastUpdate date-time, not usefull for my case
- Tile removed as it can only show 2 lights and the name wasn't retreived.
- changed icon's
- created "property string" for hostname/port so only 1 change is needed to update them.

Todo:
- shrink down the code used for the icons
- retrieve scene/group name
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

Hi all, I just moved all posts pertaining to the boiler status, waste collection and tile rotation apps to separate threads. I think from now on, each newly developed app should get its own thread. This should keep the discussions about app development more focused, and easier searchable.

I'm not yet sure whether it makes sense to take this (older) thread apart and move other sub-topics to their own separate threads as well. Some posts are quite multi-topical, and I don't fancy the prospect of editing 200+ posts ...
Marijn
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Marijn »

In this topic I read about controlling domoticz via Toon. 'unfortunatly' my home setup is using a veraplus, are there (easy) possibilities to control de veraplus (and devices connected) via Toon?
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

Marijn wrote:In this topic I read about controlling domoticz via Toon. 'unfortunatly' my home setup is using a veraplus, are there (easy) possibilities to control de veraplus (and devices connected) via Toon?
Dominicz is open source and easy to implement. I had a Vera Plus, sold it to get a Fibaro HC Lite and I'm gonna sell it to migrate all to Domoticz. Cheaper and more possibilities.

You should check if Vera has an api so you can send commands to it from the Toon
Marijn
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Marijn »

I will look in to the api option, but toon has also Zwave capabilities. Is it possible to add toon as secondary controller or something like that?
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

Marijn wrote:I will look in to the api option, but toon has also Zwave capabilities. Is it possible to add toon as secondary controller or something like that?

Maybe you can add the Vera Plus as a secondary device in Domoticz and control everything from within Domoticz
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Marijn wrote:In this topic I read about controlling domoticz via Toon. 'unfortunatly' my home setup is using a veraplus, are there (easy) possibilities to control de veraplus (and devices connected) via Toon?
Hi,
It seems the Vera device can be controlled/queried via http:
http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_Requests
You can create QML apps om Toon to make use of that.

Regardz,

Toonz
Last edited by Toonz on Sun May 21, 2017 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
member of the Toon Software Collective
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

Who is still "actively" building/editing apps for Toon?
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

TerrorSource wrote:Who is still "actively" building/editing apps for Toon?
I try to do 8)
BrainHunt
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by BrainHunt »

TerrorSource wrote:Who is still "actively" building/editing apps for Toon?
To be honest, I am in doubt. I find it quite time consuming and there are alternative developments in the area of Domoticz that are possibly easier (webbased dashboards and an Amazon echo)...

Off topic: if you want to use Toon for domoticz, you can also use 'HA Bridge' (search the domoticz wiki/forum). This simulates a Hue and is also recognized automatically by Toon

Best,

Brainhunt

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Marijn
Starting Member
Starting Member

Software: modifications and extensions Toon

Post by Marijn »

@Toonz, http request i used before wil try that as wel.

@brainhunt, the HA-bridge sounds like a homekit bridge I have running on a Pi. I use it for apple homekit intergration in combination with VeraPlus. Is it more or less the same? the first hits @ google are pointing that direction.
BrainHunt
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by BrainHunt »

Hi Marijn,
The HA-bridge is indeed similar to the homekit bridge. However this emulates a HUE and as such is recognized by Toon. I have both running at a pi together with Domoticz. So far, the HA bridge is more stable, the apple homekit seems to lose connection quite often...
Marijn
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Marijn »

Ok, I ques I need a closer look at HA-bridge and try to get it work in combination with Vera...
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

HI all,

a new release of the buienradar app after feedback from the user panel (my wife):

Changelog:
- added sunrise/sunset times to the detail screen
- clicking on the weather forecast text box on the details screen now opens a new full screen weather forecast.
the text box on the details screen is still scrollable but this is not working very user friendly

N.B. keep the three files ("selected...txt) in your buienradar app folder on toon with your location data.

Idea for a further change: replace the weather icon on the buienradar tile with the rain forecast graph for the next two hours if rain is expected.
This will save a tile position for the rain forecast. Makes sense?

Marcel, should we start a new thread for buienradar from here?

EDIT: started a new thread for buienradar. Attachment removed here

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Last edited by Toonz on Thu May 25, 2017 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

I think we should.

Return to “Toon software development”