Software: modifications and extensions Toon

Everything about software tools, new software development and toolchains. For developers, mostly.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

QuasaR
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Software: modifications and extensions Toon

Post by QuasaR »

Toonz wrote:
QuasaR wrote:Installed this app on fw 3.6.3 and seems to be working fine. I didn't replace the happ_thermstat files.
Not sure which app you are referring to. The Buienradar app doesn't use happ_thermstat functionality at all. The Boilerstatus app from Marcel does need an older version of happ_thermstat (see downloads section for more details) to function properly.

Regards,

Toonz
You are right, the happ files are only needed for the boiler app, I mixed those 2 up.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Weird, yesterday at 10.30 the updates of the buienrader detail screen stopped again. Anyone experiencing this as well? Could be a memory leak of some kind. A full reboot didn't solve it. I am seriously thinking of rewriting that piece of code completely and revert back to pure text handling instead of xml, probably less memory intensive then current solution.
member of the Toon Software Collective
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

Same here.

Reboot doesn't help. If there's a memory leak such that memory fills up completely (very likely to happen in a toon), the scheduler will kill the offending process, and init will start it again if it's in inittab. You should see the boot-up screens autmatically (the red ones with two or more white dots, the one with a single dot is the splash screen that shows while the kernel boots).
QuasaR
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by QuasaR »

Toonz wrote:Weird, yesterday at 10.30 the updates of the buienrader detail screen stopped again. Anyone experiencing this as well? Could be a memory leak of some kind. A full reboot didn't solve it. I am seriously thinking of rewriting that piece of code completely and revert back to pure text handling instead of xml, probably less memory intensive then current solution.
I have the same problem. At first I thought it was because I had the vpn open but after closing it the problem persist.
The only thing that is loading is the gif image. The rest of the details are empty.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

I will definitely develop a text based version then (a test earlier during the previous outages was positive). Just need a lot of time, couple of weeks in the worst case.... It's a pity, I was already quite advanced in an app to monitor the actual temperature during the day and show it on a nice graph, to check how well Toon manages to achieve the programmed temperature levels, will have to finish that one later.....

<<EDIT: started already :) progressing faster then I thought, much cleaner code than before to be honest, small error on the wind direction below. Have to stop for now (the voice of Holland...)
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (14.74 KiB) Viewed 10002 times
>>
kabelmanroel
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by kabelmanroel »

QuasaR wrote:
Toonz wrote:Weird, yesterday at 10.30 the updates of the buienrader detail screen stopped again. Anyone experiencing this as well? Could be a memory leak of some kind. A full reboot didn't solve it. I am seriously thinking of rewriting that piece of code completely and revert back to pure text handling instead of xml, probably less memory intensive then current solution.
I have the same problem. At first I thought it was because I had the vpn open but after closing it the problem persist.
The only thing that is loading is the gif image. The rest of the details are empty.
First of all great apps Toonz keep up the good work thanks.

Unfortunately i have the same problem showing no data (Just for the information)
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

thanks, I'm almost there. Tiles are ok now, detail screen just needs about 6 more data elements. Always dangerous to talk about ETA but will try to finish somewhere this weekend..... today too much engaged in snowball fights and the usual Saturday sports events with the kids :)

Regards,

Toonz
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

ok, here we go. Version 7.01beta :

changelog:
- complete rewrite of the function updateBuienradar in BuienradarApp.qml.
Not reading as XML document anymore but as text file (hopefully more reliable longer term).

N.B.:
current datafeed (xml.buienradar.nl) seems a bit under development at the buienradar side regarding the 5-days forecast:
- data for chance on sun and rain seems crappy. Nothing wrong with my app, it is really in the datafeed.
- some links in the datafeed to icons on the buienradar site are dead. In that case the icon is simply not shown. Again nothing wrong with my app.
For example : "http://xml.buienradar.nl/icons/j.gif" doesn't exist at the moment.

I have quickly tested on two Toons and it all seems fine. If you spot errors just post it here.
Attachments
ToonBuienradar_V7.0.1beta.zip
(31.4 KiB) Downloaded 360 times
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

just noticed the tile isn't populated properly, reason: the current xml.buienradar.nl file doesn't contain any data from any weatherstation.... let's wait till the dust settles over there...
kabelmanroel
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by kabelmanroel »

Toonz wrote:ok, here we go. Version 7.01beta :

changelog:
- complete rewrite of the function updateBuienradar in BuienradarApp.qml.
Not reading as XML document anymore but as text file (hopefully more reliable longer term).

N.B.:
current datafeed (xml.buienradar.nl) seems a bit under development at the buienradar side regarding the 5-days forecast:
- data for chance on sun and rain seems crappy. Nothing wrong with my app, it is really in the datafeed.
- some links in the datafeed to icons on the buienradar site are dead. In that case the icon is simply not shown. Again nothing wrong with my app.
For example : "http://xml.buienradar.nl/icons/j.gif" doesn't exist at the moment.

I have quickly tested on two Toons and it all seems fine. If you spot errors just post it here.
I have tested ToonBuienradar_V7.0.1beta also.
And some icons are missing on the forecast.
Only Sun, Sun+cloud and moon are working. (Just for the info)
kabelmanroel
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by kabelmanroel »

I was wondering if there are forum members using Toon with a floor heating pump.
It would by nice to turn the pump on and off with a smartplug because my pump takes 40W continuous.
The pump only have to run if the burner is active.
On the Toon is a icon for the burner status knows anybody how to use that to switch a smartplug?
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

kabelmanroel wrote: And some icons are missing on the forecast.
Only Sun, Sun+cloud and moon are working. (Just for the info)
Yeah, they are missing from the buienradar website (or the URL they did put in the XML file is wrong). I have send them a message earlier this evening to make them aware of the issue.... let's see how good the customer service is for this free service :)
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

I noticed Buienradar changed the links to the icons in the xml file, all is fine now. Not sure if it was because of my message, I haven't received any reply.
The new links in the xml file contain now 'https' url's which Toon doesn't support. Luckily the same link with 'http' is working as well.
During testing I also found an enormous bug: on the tile the weather icon of the next weather station was shown, not the selected weather station.

Changelog:
- bugfix icon weather station on tile
- replace "https" by "http" in the xml data feed, all icons in the 5-day forecast are now ok as well

<<edit: attachment removed, see next post>>

Regards,

Toonz
RomMon
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by RomMon »

Hi Toonz,

Installed v7 of the buirenradar app. Looking great!!
In dim mode the temperature is very good readable.

Thanks!

Edit:
For just a short moment I had the NaN (Not a Number) shown.
At the same time the Eneco app showed a dash (-) (and didn't get updated much longer).
NaN.png
NaN.png (56.91 KiB) Viewed 10221 times
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

I noticed as well that around midnight they somehow reset the xml.buienradar.file. For a very short period it doesn't contain any weatherstation data at all. That's why the temperature shows NaN. Should resolve itself shortly after midnight (within 10 mins)

Return to “Toon software development”