Software: modifications and extensions Toon

Everything about software tools, new software development and toolchains. For developers, mostly.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Software: modifications and extensions Toon

Post by Toonz »

marcelr wrote:I think we should.
I just did :-)
member of the Toon Software Collective
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

I just moved posts pertaining to room temperature readings to a separate thread.

.. and updated the features list in the manuals thread ...

... and moved the posts pertaining to the Kodi remote app to a separate thread as well ...
Marijn
Starting Member
Starting Member

Software: modifications and extensions Toon

Post by Marijn »

Thanks to brainhunt for pointing me to habridge. Via github: https://github.com/bwssytems/ha-bridge I installed the habridge on a raspberry. In this version you kan easily connect to the veraplus via ip (helpers). After that you can choose the devices/scenes to add to the habridge. When done the selected devices show up on Toon if the 'hue-bridge' is added.

This habridge can configured easily with the use of helpers for Vera, hue, harmony and nest.
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

Marijn wrote:Thanks to brainhunt for pointing me to habridge. Via github: https://github.com/bwssytems/ha-bridge I installed the habridge on a raspberry. In this version you kan easily connect to the veraplus via ip (helpers). After that you can choose the devices/scenes to add to the habridge. When done the selected devices show up on Toon if the 'hue-bridge' is added.

This habridge can configured easily with the use of helpers for Vera, hue, harmony and nest.
Can this also be done with Domoticz so the plugs will pop-up in the "bedienpaneel"?
Marijn
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Marijn »

@TerrorSource, Yes that's possible.
Attached are 2 screenshots of de WebUI of the HA Bridge. To be complete, within the bridge control is support for: Vera, Harmony, Hue, HAL, MQTT, HomeAssistant, Domoticz, Somfy, Nest, LIFX.

On the specific device page you can select and add the devices, then the devices pop up at the 'bedienpaneel'.
Attachments
screenshot habridge1.jpg
screenshot habridge1.jpg (83.92 KiB) Viewed 14383 times
screenshot habridge0.jpg
screenshot habridge0.jpg (61.42 KiB) Viewed 14383 times
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

Marijn wrote:@TerrorSource, Yes that's possible.
Attached are 2 screenshots of de WebUI of the HA Bridge. To be complete, within the bridge control is support for: Vera, Harmony, Hue, HAL, MQTT, HomeAssistant, Domoticz, Somfy, Nest, LIFX.

On the specific device page you can select and add the devices, then the devices pop up at the 'bedienpaneel'.
I'm now using Domoticz for all Domotica modules in the house, i really dont want to switch to HA so maybe there's a solution to enable this for Domoticz either?
Marijn
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Marijn »

You don't have to switch to ha. Ha is just a bridge. If you fill in your domoticz config details, ha bridge will load al your devices. Then you can select wich devices have to show up on toon.
domoticz will still control al your modules.
odelay99
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by odelay99 »

I want to have a tile on my frontpage like below:

Normally you do this with the "weer" app, but it seems it can't get any data. Is it possible to enable the "weer" app?

thanks
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

odelay99 wrote:I want to have a tile on my frontpage like below:

Normally you do this with the "weer" app, but it seems it can't get any data. Is it possible to enable the "weer" app?

thanks
The default Weather and WeatherInt apps are for customers who have a subscription.
Rooting Toon stops the connections to the "outside" world. So you need to use the custom apps instead.
odelay99
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by odelay99 »

Ok thanks, I already had the custom app installed but I wanted to have a large temperature view.
I was not aware that you will have that in dim state.... :oops:
Ierlandfan

Post by Ierlandfan »

If you happen to have solarpanels and an anlogue revolving energymeter like me then well..energy comsumption is kinda useless (unless positive) since Toon has no idea whether it revolves back (returning energy) or right (consuming energy) Ofcourse I can make an educated guess when I see the usage go down to 0 and then ramps up to beyond normal usage (1488W is not normal usage) so it's not a real problem.
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

Ierlandfan wrote:If you happen to have solarpanels and an anlogue revolving energymeter like me then well..energy comsumption is kinda useless (unless positive) since Toon has no idea whether it revolves back (returning energy) or right (consuming energy) Ofcourse I can make an educated guess when I see the usage go down to 0 and then ramps up to beyond normal usage (1488W is not normal usage) so it's not a real problem.
You can solve that partially by using Domoticz i guess.
Plugin a P1-USB cable from the Meter to a Raspberry and read out the values

We need to take a look at a Tile or something to show the P1 value's.
Ierlandfan

Post by Ierlandfan »

Plugin a P1-USB cable from the Meter to a Raspberry and read out the values..
I guess the data is always positive just counts reflection passing by.
Ierlandfan

Post by Ierlandfan »

Maybe fnd a way to let the sensor stop counting when it revolving back. Needs a circuit with two leds and some coding. If revolving back detected turn off sensorlight or something. At least Toon thinks it's reading zero output and needs to think the sensor is still ok.

Return to “Toon software development”