Toon firmware: issues (and solutions)

Forum about the Toon firmware, and its extensions

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Toon firmware: issues (and solutions)

Post by TheHogNL »

globegrabber wrote:I have a problem with one of my Toons, recently root a Toon f.w. 4.8.23 the problem i have is about the messaging of the connection with the service-center
I'm not sure but I think this problem is not fixed yet completly. On the forum this is discussed so many times, so please use the search function before asking a question. A lot of questions are already answered.
If there is a working solution, that would be nice to add to the manual/tutorials topci.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

TheHogNL wrote:
soepie78 wrote: Now i have the old firmware with the new Look. and my meteradapter and keteladapter are not recognized. what was working before in the original rooted config.
when i reset to factory default it's the same story...
Could you try this (with openvpn working):

Code: Select all

wget  http://feed.hae.int/feeds/qb2/upgrade/upgrade-qb2.sh
sh upgrade-qb2.sh  qb2 ene 4.10.6 execute-resume
This will download the original upgrade script from Eneco (quby) and run a manual resume for the 4.10.6 firmware. Hopefully it will detect the errors and fix it for you.
Also try

sh upgrade-qb2.sh  qb2 ene 4.10.6 prepare
which will setup the necessary files for upgrading. And then do the execute-resume again
soepie78
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by soepie78 »

Many many many Thanks TheHOGNL!
Toon is up and running again, this was the solution.
michel30

Post by michel30 »

@TheHogNL

My Toon is running on 4.10.6 If I used this?

wget  http://feed.hae.int/feeds/qb2/upgrade/upgrade-qb2.sh
sh upgrade-qb2.sh  qb2 ene 4.11.6 prepare

or

sh upgrade-qb2.sh  qb2 ene 4.11.6 execute-resume
Will this upgrade my Toon to 4.11.6 ?

What I did so far was checking the package file and match the package ipk files with one what is new, but unfortunately one package I can not install I received an error message:

Collected errors:  * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for qt-gui:  * qmf-tenantize (>= 1.0) * 
If I want to received updates with Toon Push I need to pay for that part because my toon is not anymore in there database that is the reason that I was trying like this.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

My toon doesn't have a subscription also, but I always get a 'upgrade' button when there is a upgrade available (when I have openvpn running). Not sure why that is not working for you.

From 4.11 the tenant 'ene' (from Eneco) is changed to uni (i think 'universal'). So that's why some packages don't work in the normal way. The update script fixes this so I think this is safe.

There is another trick which I saw from the update script which probably is even more better. Try:

/qmf/bin/bxt -u `hostname`:swf-gui -d :hcb_config -s specific1 -n DoFirmwareUpdate -a version -v 4.11.6 -w 0
This should inform, using bxt protocol, the hcb_config process to initiate a update to 4.11.6. This is (almost) the same action when the 'upgrade' button is pressed.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Ok, the bxt command didn't work for me (while on 4.10.6). Maybe I didn't wait long enough but a few minutes later nothing.
I then tried the update-script prepare/execute and that worked just fine. So go for that if you like. It changes the 'flavour' from ene to uni itself (call the script with 'qb2 ene 4.11.6'). From 4.11.6 and on it will be 'uni'.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Was trying to list the known public release Toon versions. Anyone who can add a version to the list, please do so :)
Added a few, marcelr

I was also looking if there are mandatory updates (releases to which you need to upgrade first, before you can update to a higher version). But as far as I understand/know for now is that updating from the oldest version to the newest can be done in one step.

Edit marcelr: The upgrade from 2.x.y to 3.a.b is a two-step process: First to 2.9.26, and then the rest.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Created a script which upgrades a rooted Toon using the original Eneco sources.
A valid openvpn config is necessary for this (on most Toons there is one, only broken Toons are missing this).

It will restore the iptables/passwd files for you after the update. And it will block any other Eneco traffic so the modifications made in the scsync file (for the subscriptions) will not be overwritten.

Put the file somewhere on your toon and run it. It will be asking you to which version you want to update. It does NOT yet check your current version, so make sure you select a newer version AND make sure you update to 2.9.26 first if your current version is lower and want to upgrade to a higher version. In a next version the script will fix this for you.

Please make sure to upgrade to 4.10.6, before going any higher.

Also after upgrading you need to fix a few things on your Toon to see your rooted-Toon-apps again. For example reinstall Toonstore to fix the Project file and edit the Globals file to see your apps. I will try to fix that also in a newer version.

Big disclaimer, the script has been tested only on one Toon. I am not responsible for any bricked Toons if you use the script. :twisted:

EDIT: new version with a few bugfixes
EDIT: new version with improvent to check current version
EDIT: new version 1.4 uploaded at this forum post viewtopic.php?f=87&t=11449&p=85675#p85675
Last edited by TheHogNL on Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Hayman just did a 3.2.18 to 4.13.6 update and that failed during the ene to uni update. Probably a upgrade that big is too much. I advise to go for 4.10.6 first before going higher!
RomMon
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by RomMon »

@TheHogNL

suspect a typo here:
"Please make sure not to upgrade to 4.10.6 also, before going any higher."
guess this should be:
"Please make sure to upgrade to 4.10.6 first, before going any higher."
michel30

Post by michel30 »

@TheHogNL

My Toon is running on 4.11.6 I upgraded it manual in the backend, Eneco will not push any update to my Toon, they delete it from their database.
If I want that they can push a new upgrade to my Toon I need to pay for it first. So that the toon will be register on my address etc...

Will your script works for me our do I need my Toon registerd first? if I want a next release?
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

RomMon wrote:@TheHogNL

suspect a typo here:
"Please make sure not to upgrade to 4.10.6 also, before going any higher."
guess this should be:
"Please make sure to upgrade to 4.10.6 first, before going any higher."
thnx!
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

michel30 wrote:@TheHogNL

My Toon is running on 4.11.6 I upgraded it manual in the backend, Eneco will not push any update to my Toon, they delete it from their database.
If I want that they can push a new upgrade to my Toon I need to pay for it first. So that the toon will be register on my address etc...

Will your script works for me our do I need my Toon registerd first? if I want a next release?
Yes every update until the latest 4.13.6 is available for download via the feed host. A manual upgrade using the script to 4.13.6 SHOULD work. I only tested a upgrade from 4.10.6 to 4.11.6 myself.
Note that 4.12 and 4.13 are still official beta releases. Only early adapters/testers are receiving 4.13 currently.

Be my guest and try the update. Don't call me if it is broken afterwards :wink:
bjorker
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by bjorker »

TheHogNL wrote:
michel30 wrote:@TheHogNL

Yes every update until the latest 4.13.6 is available for download via the feed host. A manual upgrade using the script to 4.13.6 SHOULD work. I only tested a upgrade from 4.10.6 to 4.11.6 myself.
Note that 4.12 and 4.13 are still official beta releases. Only early adapters/testers are receiving 4.13 currently.

Be my guest and try the update. Don't call me if it is broken afterwards :wink:
Thanks your script worked perfectly!
Upgraded in 2 steps to 4.13.6

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

bjorker wrote:Thanks your script worked perfectly!
Upgraded in 2 steps to 4.13.6

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Thanks for letting me now it worked for you.

Return to “Toon Firmware”