Toon app: Afvalwijzer

Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

glsf91

Re: Toon app: waste collection (Afvalwijzer)

Post by glsf91 »

Rudolf wrote:This is probably not the right time to ask since the API has gone foobar, but I'm just throwing this idea out there.

In my city there's also a schedule for cleaning the GFT-bin. A few hours after the bin has been emptied another car comes along to clean the bins.
It's useful to know in advance so you can leave the bin in the street for a little longer.

This is only during summer months, so it could be that it's already supported but I just haven't seen it yet. :D
I have the same when people from school are coming collecting the old paper once a month. This is not visible in my provider.
So maybe an idea that we have the possibility to merge the current provider with another schedule from a txt file or something like that. Just put in a date and a keyword which is displayed. Maybe a reference to a existing icon. Maybe also specify the hours before the day it has to displayed.

This gives maximum flexibility I think.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

glsf91 wrote:
Rudolf wrote:This is probably not the right time to ask since the API has gone foobar, but I'm just throwing this idea out there.

In my city there's also a schedule for cleaning the GFT-bin. A few hours after the bin has been emptied another car comes along to clean the bins.
It's useful to know in advance so you can leave the bin in the street for a little longer.

This is only during summer months, so it could be that it's already supported but I just haven't seen it yet. :D
I have the same when people from school are coming collecting the old paper once a month. This is not visible in my provider.
So maybe an idea that we have the possibility to merge the current provider with another schedule from a txt file or something like that. Just put in a date and a keyword which is displayed. Maybe a reference to a existing icon. Maybe also specify the hours before the day it has to displayed.

This gives maximum flexibility I think.
Nice suggestions. Merging the schedule with a separate file is not a big deal. Some options here: host that file somewhere yourself or just put a file on Toon manually.
Will not be in 3.2 though (which is sort of ready to be released to get mijnafvalwijzer.nl going again).
member of the Toon Software Collective
glsf91

Post by glsf91 »

Toonz wrote:
Nice suggestions. Merging the schedule with a separate file is not a big deal. Some options here: host that file somewhere yourself or just put a file on Toon manually.
Will not be in 3.2 though (which is sort of ready to be released to get mijnafvalwijzer.nl going again).
I think you can do both if we can configure an url. A local file can be placed in /qmf/www/ on Toon where it is accessible through the webserver by something like http://localhost/<localfile>. Other url can point to an external file.
Or interfacing with Google calendar API :)
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

version 3.2 of Afvalwijzer released on ToonStore.
Changelog 3.2:
- mijnafvalwijzer.nl code rewritten to scrape data from the http page (json calls no longer supported, I believe they moved to webservices)
(you might need to access the settings page and press 'Opslaan' once)
- improved startup time after gui-restart (waste pages were loaded twice)
- corrected error helptext for inputfield wasteprovider

Kind regardz,

Toonz
PowerAce
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by PowerAce »

Thanks Toonz,

Here in Zevenaar it is working again except for the combined label for' Restafval/GFT' that shows as 'Onbekend'.
Indeed I had to press 'Opslaan' first before data was downloaded.

Kind Regards,

PowerAce
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

PowerAce wrote:Thanks Toonz,
Here in Zevenaar it is working again except for the combined label for' Restafval/GFT' that shows as 'Onbekend'.
Indeed I had to press 'Opslaan' first before data was downloaded.
ok, expected as such. In the html pages they use different descriptions for these combined labels as in the former JSON file.
Can easily fix this in next release but will wait a few days to collect more feedback (I expect a few more of these cases ;-) ).
For others: please let me know city as well.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
gijsje
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by gijsje »

Same here only onbekend
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

gijsje wrote:Same here only onbekend
What is your city?
gijsje
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by gijsje »

5056gj
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

gijsje wrote:5056gj
yep, 'new' combo's: ""Restafval & GFT" and "Papier & PMD". Will be implemented.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

The mijnafvalwijzer combo's for Zevenaar en Tilburg are now implemented (will be in 3.3)
EDIT: Oosterbeek ok as well.

Will release 3.3 Tuesday latest
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

Afvalwijzer 3.3 available on ToonStore.
Only useful for mijnafvalwijzer.nl users with combined waste collection days.

Changelog 3.3:
- added new combined waste category names for mijnafvalwijzer.nl
(you might need to access the settings page and press 'Opslaan' once)

Kind regardz,

Toonz
EJanus
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by EJanus »

Hi Toonz,

Thank you for all the great work you have done. I did the update and everything runs really smooth!
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

glsf91 wrote:
Toonz wrote:
I think you can do both if we can configure an url. A local file can be placed in /qmf/www/ on Toon where it is accessible through the webserver by something like http://localhost/<localfile>. Other url can point to an external file.
Small progress update:
I have this working now for the dates and existing waste types. You can configure the URL or local file name for the file with the additional dates.
I will also give the option to add a custom category so you can use your own icon for that category.
This is also a convenient solution for everyone without an interface to their waste provider, you can create your own waste calendar this way and maintain it outside Toon.

Needs some work before it can be released but just thowing it out here for feedback.

New settings screen:
wastesettings.png
wastesettings.png (61.06 KiB) Viewed 8358 times
Regardz,

Toonz
glsf91

Post by glsf91 »

Thanks for your update.
But I think there is a little bug in it.

Yesterday the icon appeared to put the waste bin outside (it will be collected today). Yesterday I clicked the arrow to confirm placing the waste bin outside. Then the icon with the arrow to the right appeared, as expected.
But this morning the icon was changed back to the icon for putting the waste bin outside again.

So next day it doesn't remember the confirmation from the previous day.

For you next update: maybe you can describe the format of the file which can be used for the extra data.

Return to “Toon Apps”