Toon app: Afvalwijzer

Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Toon app: waste collection (Afvalwijzer)

Post by Toonz »

Toonz wrote:
michel30 wrote:Thanks for your file, your layout export looks complete different than I have.
Just checking: which browser do you use the save the webpage? I used Windows10 Internet Explorer, saved the page as type 'Webpage, Complete').
Hi, I can reproduce it, using Chrome gives you another export. Will look into this next week.
In the mean time Internet Explorer should do it I guess if you have the opportunity.
member of the Toon Software Collective
michel30

Post by michel30 »

Hello Toon,

Thanks, I found a computer with windows 10 plus internet explorer and I can confirm that it works.

Internet explorer is the only browser right now for RD4, if you using a mac computer or linux try to find a windows computer with ie and it works.

@Toon, when you finish the next release let me know and I can test it for you, for now it works THANKS for this nice software.

Regards,
Michel
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Luckily you need it only once per year ;-)...thanks for confirming. Will look into the browser compatibility anyway...
globegrabber
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by globegrabber »

Installation of waste collection app 2.5 with recyclemanager.nl only some minor info is missing((waste provider 15) can't find this info back in the help ? of the app)
Seems to be working good, Thumbs-up Toonz keep up the good work.
Grtz Johnny
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

globegrabber wrote:Installation of waste collection app 2.5 with recyclemanager.nl only some minor info is missing((waste provider 15) can't find this info back in the help ? of the app)
Seems to be working good, Thumbs-up Toonz keep up the good work.
Grtz Johnny
Exactly what info is missing? If it is a description of a certain waste type for a specific date can you let me know the zipcode? Each community can enter different descriptions for waste, I cannot test them all.
globegrabber
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by globegrabber »

Exactly what info is missing? If it is a description of a certain waste type for a specific date can you let me know the zipcode? Each community can enter different descriptions for waste, I cannot test them all.

The minor issue, is that if you need to select recyclemanager.nl you don't now that you need to select waste provider 15, that's all. this info is not displayed in the chance log.for version 2.5 red.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Got it, changelog is updated accordingly. Luckily this info was shown correctly within the app when clicking on the ? buttons
gielie

Post by gielie »

I have the wastecollection 2.5 running from the Toonstore but i cant figure out how to run the mod so i can have the icons.
Can someone explain where i have to place the folder from the waste mod?
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

gielie wrote:I have the wastecollection 2.5 running from the Toonstore but i cant figure out how to run the mod so i can have the icons.
The icons are shown on the tile in dim state (but the tile must be on the first homescreen to see that).
Otherwise the thermostat mod will show the icons in the thermostat panel (replace the folder .../apps/thermostat with the thermostat folder from the mod).
I created the mod for a few firmware versions (posted in this topic) already.
Which firmware version are you running? Happy to support newer firmware as well.
gielie

Post by gielie »

Toonz wrote:
gielie wrote:I have the wastecollection 2.5 running from the Toonstore but i cant figure out how to run the mod so i can have the icons.
The icons are shown on the tile in dim state (but the tile must be on the first homescreen to see that).
Otherwise the thermostat mod will show the icons in the thermostat panel (replace the folder .../apps/thermostat with the thermostat folder from the mod).
Which firmware version are you running? Happy to support newer firmware as well.
I tried the mod and it doesn’t work, I’m on version 4.8 (latest), I love to try the mod for this version.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

gielie wrote:
Toonz wrote:
I tried the mod and it doesn’t work, I’m on version 4.8 (latest), I love to try the mod for this version.
Ok, will create the 4.8 version.....
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

here is the thermostat waste collection mod. As the thermostat app hasn't changed in recent firmware versions I am almost certain it will work properly on version 4.7/4.8 and 4/9 when it is available.
Installation: rename/backup your existing folder thermostat in ../qml/app.
Unzip the folder thermostat from the attachment in ../qml/apps/ and restart the gui.

The waste icons (if any to display) will be shown 6 minutes after restart of the gui and thereafter everyday at 18:01 at the bottom of the thermostat panel in dimstate.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Attachments
waste_collection_thermostat_mod_FW_4.7_4.8_4.9.zip
(141.24 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
gielie

Post by gielie »

Toonz wrote:Hi all,

here is the thermostat waste collection mod. As the thermostat app hasn't changed in recent firmware versions I am almost certain it will work properly on version 4.7/4.8 and 4/9 when it is available.
Installation: rename/backup your existing folder thermostat in ../qml/app.
Unzip the folder thermostat from the attachment in ../qml/apps/ and restart the gui.

The waste icons (if any to display) will be shown 6 minutes after restart of the gui and thereafter everyday at 18:01 at the bottom of the thermostat panel in dimstate.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
Thanks for the effort but I doesn’t work on my Toon.
To summarize; I have the waste app 2.5 running on my first page, I put the thermostat mod folder in the /app folder (renamed the old folder for backup) restarted Toon. I use #1 as waste company. I don’t get the icons only 4 dates (undimmed) of collecting waste and in dim stage I have no tile at all nor in the tile location nor under the temp icon.

Am I missing something?
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

gielie wrote:Thanks for the effort but I doesn’t work on my Toon.
To summarize; I have the waste app 2.5 running on my first page, I put the thermostat mod folder in the /app folder (renamed the old folder for backup) restarted Toon. I use #1 as waste company. I don’t get the icons only 4 dates (undimmed) of collecting waste and in dim stage I have no tile at all nor in the tile location nor under the temp icon.

Am I missing something?
Based on your description I guess the app is working fine but there is no waste to collect today and therefor no icon is shown :).
The functionality is as follows:
Each day at 18:00 the app checks whether waste is collected the next day (so you can put the garbage bin out there in the evening).
If waste is to be collected the next day you will see the waste icon on the tile in dim state.
At 18:01 the thermostat app is checking if the waste collection app found if waste is to be collected the next day and also shows the icon in dim state.

After restart of the gui it works slightly different:
Waste icon is shown on the tile after startup is finished if waste is to be collected today (or tomorrow if it is after 18:00).
The thermostat waste icon is only shown 6 minutes after restart if an icon needs to be shown.
After that the normal pattern of updating at 18:01 continues.

Hope this clarifies.

Toonz
gielie

Post by gielie »

@Toonz
Its working, yesterday there was a collection day and the icon apears in the dim screen, thanks for all the help.

Return to “Toon Apps”