Toon app: Buienradar

Forum about forum-provided applications on Toon

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Toon app: Buienradar

Post by Toonz »

If you want to use Buienradar 8.0.8 or higher on 3.x firmware please make the following modification to BuienradarEditLonLatScreen.qml:

Delete the following line (3 times):
leftTextAvailableWidth: 170

This will do for now.
In the next version I will make buienradar work seamlessly on both old and new firmwares.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
member of the Toon Software Collective
walberg

Post by walberg »

Tried Buienradar app from the toonstore. Only thing you can change is the Weatherstation, too bad for Diemen not available so i tried Amsterdam. no parameter is given, no rain no temperature, nothing only a ! in the "tegel"
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

walberg wrote:Tried Buienradar app from the toonstore. Only thing you can change is the Weatherstation, too bad for Diemen not available so i tried Amsterdam. no parameter is given, no rain no temperature, nothing only a ! in the "tegel"
not all available weather stations can be selected via the screens but you can add your preferred weather station manually.
Open with your browser xml.buienradar.nl.
Find the row "<stationcode>xxxx</stationcode>" for the station closest to you.
Enter the 4 digit stationcode in the file selectedStation.txt in the buienradar folder on Toon and reboot the gui.

I probably should remove the gui screens to select the weatherstations because these are not maintained and take possible values from the actual buienradar xml file. Something for the next version.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
walberg

Post by walberg »

In wchich directory do i find selectedStation.txt?
How do i restart the gui?
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

walberg wrote:In wchich directory do i find selectedStation.txt?
How do i restart the gui?
File 'selectedStation.txt' should be in /qmf/qml/apps/buienradar or HCBv2/qml/apps/buienradar.
This file is created when you select a weather station via the buienradar screens but you can also create it manually with an editor (filename is case sensitive).

The gui can be restarted via the console with: 'killall qt-gui'

Kind regardz,

Toonz
walberg

Post by walberg »

I saw on the buienradar.xml that Schiphol was the only one for this region (Diemen is about 20 km from Schiphol) So after install Buienradar i choose Schiphol and i think when try to choose Amsterdam on the screen, it is empty. Too bad there are less stations on Buienradar. But now it worked.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

Hi all,

Buienradar 8.2.0 is available on ToonStore.
Changelog: I simplified the weather station selection screen to show all available stations in the buienradar xml file.

Previous versions used the maps of NL and provinces to select the weather station (as in the original Quby app).
However, not all available weather stations could be selected via these maps and some non-existing stations could still be selected.

This solution looks 'less nice' but does give you all actual options from buienradar.
N.B. Not all available weatherstations provide a full set of data, nothing wrong with the app but with the data feed.
You can always check this by looking at xml.buienradar.nl yourself to see what data is actually provided for that particular station

Kind regardz,

Toonz
walberg

Post by walberg »

Still a few comments about this new version: leftTextAvailableWidth: 170 is in the latest version. Rather, it was indicated for the Os versions below the 4 to remove this rule. At this moment, I do not notice anything apart from the previous version of which I removed the rules leftTextAvailableWidth: 170 .
I saw that the from the old version one file is kept (SelectedStations.txt). But that will be well done.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

walberg wrote:Still a few comments about this new version: leftTextAvailableWidth: 170 is in the latest version. Rather, it was indicated for the Os versions below the 4 to remove this rule. At this moment, I do not notice anything apart from the previous version of which I removed the rules leftTextAvailableWidth: 170 .
I saw that the from the old version one file is kept (SelectedStations.txt). But that will be well done.
leftTextAvailableWidth doesn't need to be removed anymore as the component which introduced it is now included in this app (EditTextLabel4421.qml) specifically which is a copy of EditTextlabel.qml from version 4.4.21. By including this one it works on older firmwares as well.

The only change compared to the previous version is the weather station selection screen, now allowing you to select from all weather stations available in the xml file.
N.B you can always look at the changelog by pressing the "?' button in the ToonStore for that application (before or after installation).

Kind regardz,

Toonz
walberg

Post by walberg »

Okay, Clear.
then I have a bit of panic walking.
basvandesande
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by basvandesande »

Hi,

I'm new to the TOON platform. Since a couple of days I have a rooted TOON, with the TOON store installed (big thank you to TerrorSource). I installed the Buienradar app (version 8.20). However, I'm not able to select any weatherstation. When I choose the option Weatherstation, I'm redirected to an empty screen.

The Toon I'm running on has version 4.8x installed, without TOON subscription.

Is there someone who can help me on this one?

Bas
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

basvandesande wrote:Hi,

I'm new to the TOON platform. Since a couple of days I have a rooted TOON, with the TOON store installed (big thank you to TerrorSource). I installed the Buienradar app (version 8.20). However, I'm not able to select any weatherstation. When I choose the option Weatherstation, I'm redirected to an empty screen.

The Toon I'm running on has version 4.8x installed, without TOON subscription.

Is there someone who can help me on this one?

Bas
Hi Bas,

the available weather stations are collected at startup of Toon when the buienradar xml file is read the first time.
It could be that you restarted Toon just after midnight when the file doesn't contain any data at all. Or it could be that Toon couldn't connect to the Internet at startup.
Restarting Toon again should resolve this.

Alternatively you can manually configure the weatherstation.
- Open with your browser xml.buienradar.nl.
- Find the row "<stationcode>xxxx</stationcode>" for the station closest to you.
- Enter the 4 digit stationcode in the file selectedStation.txt in the buienradar folder on Toon and reboot the gui.

Hope this helps.

Toonz
basvandesande
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by basvandesande »

Hi Toonz,

thank you for your quick answer. Right now I'm testing my Toon (I intend to install it this weekend). The toon was able to get a wifi signal at startup, despite of that the list of stations didn't load (I left it running last night, and I checked this morning if there was a list.. but unlucky me). Anyway I was browsing the source code of the buienradar app and I noticed the selected stations file. I'll put in the number manually, then it should work.

Still have a lot to learn regarding to this platform and how to hack around :)

Cheers,

Bas
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

basvandesande wrote:Hi Toonz,

thank you for your quick answer. Right now I'm testing my Toon (I intend to install it this weekend). The toon was able to get a wifi signal at startup, despite of that the list of stations didn't load (I left it running last night, and I checked this morning if there was a list.. but unlucky me). Anyway I was browsing the source code of the buienradar app and I noticed the selected stations file. I'll put in the number manually, then it should work.

Still have a lot to learn regarding to this platform and how to hack around :)

Cheers,

Bas
Hi, the list in the source code is not maintained at all. Actual codes can be found in http://xml.buienradar.nl/
Rudolf

Post by Rudolf »

The app uses an http-url that is auto-forwarded to https by buienradar.
It probably requires wget-with ssl, but this dependency is not installed by ToonStore.

Return to “Toon Apps”