Mi.light versus Philips Hue

If you don't know where to post, post here.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

globegrabber
Starting Member
Starting Member

Mi.light versus Philips Hue

Post by globegrabber »

Hello fellow members,

I'm thinking to buy to comfort the room some rgb Led bulbs, there is of course the Philips heu system which is implicated on the Toon!
only thing is the cost of them, so i shop around and found there is a other system and these are the wifi led bulbs of mi.light.
These are just a fraction of the cost of the Philips heu.
only thing these cannot be driven by the toon ad this moment, is it possible to build a ore use the wifi bridge and create a app in Toon to drive these Mi.light led bulbs?
Post your reply here,

Greets Globegrabber
Rudolf

Re: Mi.light versus Philips Hue

Post by Rudolf »

Writing a dedicated Toon app for a single brand of bulbs is probably not very efficient.

There's Dashticz that controls Domotics from Toon and Home Assistant has a component called 'emulated hue' that allows you to control all items via a Hue-interface (i.e. from Toon!)
Both Home Assistant and Domotica support the Milight Bulbs.
michel30

Post by michel30 »

Rudolf wrote:Writing a dedicated Toon app for a single brand of bulbs is probably not very efficient.

There's Dashticz that controls Domotics from Toon and Home Assistant has a component called 'emulated hue' that allows you to control all items via a Hue-interface (i.e. from Toon!)
Both Home Assistant and Domotica support the Milight Bulbs.
Hello, I have Dashticz running on my Toon plus domoticz.

But If I read you line than it is possible to Dashticz on the left corner off the Toon? in the hue-interface?

What file do I need to edit? on my Toon to get Dashticz in there?
or do I need to setup on my RaspBerry PI hue emulator? like I did for he SIRI for apple?

Thanks,
Rudolf

Post by Rudolf »

A Hue emulator should do the trick to allow control from the 'bedienopties'-menu on the left side.
Home Assistant provides this with emulated_hue, don't know about the possibilities for Domoticz. A seperate emulator might do the trick as well.
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

Hue lights are wayyy to expensive in my opinion.
I'm going to use Yeelights RGBW and Whites, costs 12-18euro on AliExpress, will connect those to Wifi and domoticz.
From Domoticz > HA-brigde > Toon.
oepi-loepi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by oepi-loepi »

I have successfully rooted my Toon and i have a Hue Emulator running at my home (DIYHue). All my lights are ESP8266 and Yeelight. Working great. When the emulated bridge is added to Toon i can control each light but also group light. Scenes will not work. To add the emulated bridge, you can find info here:

domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=87&amp ... mp;start=0

Return to “Toon miscellaneous”