Forum about the Toon firmware, and its extensions

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

hilkoj
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Toon firmware - update script

Post by hilkoj »

Hi,

Used your 2.0 script to upgrade from 4.11.6 to 4.13.7, worked flawlessly. Fixed the issue of Toon not being able to find my Hue bridge.
Thanks for all your hard work!

Regards,

Hilko
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

RDNZL wrote:Thanks for the reply, after the upgrade to 4.13.7 I seem to be a bit stuck in the 'installatie wizard' I have only the temp and +/0 buttons active, and need to add functionality by running it.
But I only see this, no idea how to select energiemeters or overrule the wizard to get the normal screen again with the basic toon features?
You need to check your scsync.xml file. Your Toon misconfigured their. The update doesn't touch that so it was probably already wrong. Check the well known line (start time, end time, wizarddone etc). Like this:
<visibility>0</visibility><StartDate>0</StartDate><EndDate>-1</EndDate><ProductVariant>Toon</ProductVariant><activated>1</activated><wizardDone>1</wizardDone>
Member of the Toon Software Collective
Rudolf

Post by Rudolf »

Thanks for this; I'm going to try this soon.

I came across a minor logic-error in the script.

When I start an update and cancel along the way my firewall rules are restored from the .save and not from the .backup.
The .backup is only restored when the upgrade completes. Running the script again overwrites the original backup with the restore from the previous run.

(I think my backup contained some commented lines, but they're gone now... :( :D )

Here's the full log.

Code: Select all

eneco-001-037311:/# ./upgrade-rooted_v2.sh
===================================================================================================================================================================
Welcome to the rooted Toon upgrade script. This script will try to upgrade your Toon using your original connection with Eneco. It will start the VPN if necessary.
Please be advised that running this script is at your own risk!

Version: 2.0 - ThehogNL - 24-3-2018

===================================================================================================================================================================

You are currently running version 4.9.23

Which version do you want to upgrade to? You can look at the list of currently known Toon versions at https://notepad.pw/raw/6fmm2o8ev

Please enter a valid version!
You need to upgrade to 4.10.16 first!
Welcome to the rooted Toon upgrade script. This script will try to upgrade your Toon using your original connection with Eneco. It will start the VPN if necessary.

Which version do you want to upgrade to? You can look at the list of currently known Toon versions at https://notepad.pw/raw/6fmm2o8ev
Alright, I will try to upgrade to 4.10.6
Now starting the VPN tunnel and waiting for it to be alive and configured...
Tunnel is alive and configured.
Upgrade script downloaded. Ready for upgrade process. Do you want to proceed downloading the packages?
y
Quitting the upgrade. It was a nice try tho...

Alright, I will try to upgrade to 4.10.6
Tunnel is alive and configured.
Upgrade script downloaded. Ready for upgrade process. Do you want to proceed downloading the packages?
yes
Starting the upgrade prepare option which downloads all necessary files. No upgrade is done yet.
Done preparing.
Are your sure you want to upgrade to 4.10.6? This is the last moment you can stop the upgrade. Answer with 'yes' will start the upgrade.
nope
Quitting the upgrade. It was a nice try tho...
Some other suggestions:
If an upgrade via 4.10.6 is required, you could select this version, instead of aborting the script.
For me it was unclear I had to type 'yes', I replied with a simple 'y' and the script was aborted.
The script tells me 'No upgrade is done yet', but that's information I'd like to know before I confirm the action with typing 'yes'.
If fixing BusyBox is required, I'd suggest downloading those files before the upgrade starts. (during preparation)

Keep up the good work.
jossie67
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jossie67 »

I also tried to upgrade my toon.
Now my Toon is stucked in the boot screen waiting for the last dot to be filled

I changed the /etc/inittab

# qtqt:245:respawn:/usr/bin/startqt >/dev/null 2>&1
qtqt:245:respawn:/usr/bin/startqt >/var/log/qt 2>&1
The file

[hcom]Received HBXT_DISCOVERY_ALIVE from eneco-001-141971:hcb_watchdog:
I still have root acces by putty

When I do a grep

grep Version /usr/lib/opkg/info/base-qb2-ene.control
grep: /usr/lib/opkg/info/base-qb2-ene.control: No such file or directory
[\code] 

So I  Think the base-qb2-ene is broken.

I tried to reinstall base-qb2-ene_4.8.25-1157-0_qb2.ipk but that failed 

[code]
eneco-001-141971:~# opkg install base-qb2-ene_4.8.25-1157-0_qb2.ipk
Collected errors:
 * opkg_conf_load: Could not lock /usr/lib/opkg/lock: Resource temporarily unavailable.
eneco-001-141971:~#

This is the error I get with the upgrade script

eneco-001-141971:~# sh update-rooted2.sh

grep: errors:: No such file or directory
You are currently running version Collected errors: tenant-eneco-nl_1.14-master_all.ipk toonstore_1.1.3-r0_qb2.ipk update-rooted.sh update-rooted2.sh upgrade-qb2.sh upgrade-qb2.sh.log upgrade-qb2.sh.res x11vnc_0.9.13-r0_qb2.ipk x11vnc_0.9.13-r3_qb2 (1).ipk opkg_conf_load: Could not lock /usr/lib/opkg/lock: Resource temporarily unavailable.

sh: Collected: bad number
Smartass.. 4.10.6 is not an upgrade for Collected errors: tenant-eneco-nl_1.14-master_all.ipk toonstore_1.1.3-r0_qb2.ipk update-rooted.sh update-rooted2.sh upgrade-qb2.sh upgrade-qb2.sh.log upgrade-qb2.sh.res x11vnc_0.9.13-r0_qb2.ipk x11vnc_0.9.13-r3_qb2 (1).ipk opkg_conf_load: Could not lock /usr/lib/opkg/lock: Resource temporarily unavailable.!

Last edited by jossie67 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Thanks for you input. I will add this right away in my development version. So it will be added in the next release.

About the difference between .save and .backup of the iptables:
- save is being used to save the current running iptables (and restored after a break/exit), this is because the script is changing some running iptalbles rules to block service center messages
- backup is being used to backup the startup config which is restored only after a full upgrade (as it is overwritten in a upgrade)

So if you had comments in your startup config it was there in the backup file and should be there also on a next run.
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

@jossie67:

Just remove the file /usr/lib/opkg/lock and try again.
jossie67
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jossie67 »

marcelr wrote:@jossie67:

remove and now I got the error

Unable to determine your current running version!
DEBUG information:
Detected:
Available:  1.9.10 2.1.0 2.2.24 2.3.17 2.3.29 2.3.36 2.4.12 2.5.11 2.5.14 2.5.18                                    
 2.6.24 2.6.33 2.8.16 2.8.21 2.9.15 2.9.26 3.0.29 3.0.32 3.1.22 3.2.14 3.2.18 3.                                   
 3.8 3.4.4 3.5.4 3.6.3 3.7.8 3.7.9 4.3.20 4.4.21 4.7.23 4.8.25 4.9.23 4.10.6 4.11                                   
 .6 4.12.0 4.13.6 4.13.7
END DEBUG information
Toon is still in the pink boot screen waiting for the final dot

eneco-001-141971:~# tail /var/log/qt

RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by RDNZL »

Thanks activation and wizard issue solved, and indeed before update I did a factory reset, so issue was there before.
Regards, Ron.
jumperone
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jumperone »

I have the toon with Version: 2.0 - ThehogNL - 24-3-2018 . upgrade from version 2.9.26 upgrade to 4.10.6. Update failled / Bus error

OPKG Do Not Work / Bus error / orange screen with 2 points.
What can I do
I have the toon with Version: 2.0 - ThehogNL - 24-3-2018 upgrade from version 2.9.26 upgrade to 4.10.6. Update failled / Bus error

What can I do
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

jumperone wrote:I have the toon with Version: 2.0 - ThehogNL - 24-3-2018 . upgrade from version 2.9.26 upgrade to 4.10.6. Update failled / Bus error

What can I do
Try to update to a lower version first. You are the first doing a upgrade from 2.9.26 and that is still using flash I guess. Paste the complete output please.
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

Try and checkout the file

/qmf/qml/qb/base/Globals,qml.

Not sure if that's written correctly by the updater, in an update of a flash-based system.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

jossie67 wrote:

[/quote]

Please check again your base-qb2-ene file. It is missing and therefore your toon is not working properly. Not sure why it is missing. Did you have a previous failed update?
jossie67
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jossie67 »

TheHogNL wrote:
jossie67 wrote:

[/quote]

Please check again your base-qb2-ene file. It is missing and therefore your toon is not working properly. Not sure why it is missing. Did you have a previous failed update?[/quote]

How can I check this?
Yes I tried to fix it, but i " heb het verkloot"  I send you a PM
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Just to update the forum, I helped jossie67 remotely with teamviewer. In his case he was missing a base package which I needed to redownload from eneco servers (only possible with a working vpn ). Also his openvpn failed to work properly. It didn't update the feed.hae.int host entry in /etc/hosts. After fixing this the update went ok and he is from 3.4.4 to 4.13.7 (with a intermediate step to 4.10.6).
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

TheHogNL wrote:
jumperone wrote:I have the toon with Version: 2.0 - ThehogNL - 24-3-2018 . upgrade from version 2.9.26 upgrade to 4.10.6. Update failled / Bus error

What can I do
Try to update to a lower version first. You are the first doing a upgrade from 2.9.26 and that is still using flash I guess. Paste the complete output please.
Also check your diskusage. ('df -h') Is it full? The first search on google for bus error on opkg suggest a full disk.

Return to “Toon Firmware”